Trash & Towel Tipping

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
We're staying at BWV in a grand villa very soon. :yay: It's our first trip home, so I have a couple questions...How much does it cost to get trash and towel service daily? Is it worth it? Do you leave a tip? How much? Where do you leave it? If you don't do trash & towel daily, do you leave a tip? How much? Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure I would ever even consider getting trash and towel daily in ANY unit, and especially a GV. You will have a washer and dryer, and with enough people for a GV, you will in all likelihood be using it daily. Just throw towels and washcloths in when you go to the parks and put them in the dryer when you get back. We usually hang our towels and reuse them, but sometimes we just toss them in the dryer if they haven't completely dried. In a GV, there will be 14 bath towels, so I can't imagine needing that replaced daily. We also don't tip for Trash and Towel. All they do is bring in fresh towels and pick up your trash. We do all of those things ourselves everyday anyway, and especially when we are in a GV. In fact, it is usually the job of one of the kids to take the trash down to the trash room when we leave the villa in the morning. It's on the way out anyway.

I wouldn't change my towels at home on a daily basis so I wouldn't feel the need at the resort. As far as the trash... at home or at the resort we don't put any food items in the trash and rinse off all food containers before putting them in the trash or recycle container. Then we just tie off a full bag and set it in the corner until trash day or making a trip down to the trash room. I would actually feel a little stress knowing that every day someone is going to come into our room, but not knowing when.

Were happy with T&T on the 4th day and we typically leave $10 on the counter for the mousekeepers.

Thanks! Anyone else tip for T&T service? How much?

We do change our towels everyday at home. (Got in that habit after having thrush with my newborns.) And I can see where I may shower twice a day if it's really hot or we use the pool. I don't mind taking the trash out ourselves, but I'm sure we'll use plenty of towels and with three families sharing one washer/dryer I'm sure someone will be using it almost everyday. I don't want to be a slave to laundry on vacation. So T&T service daily I think is what we'll do. I just need to know how much does it cost? And do you tip in addition to that? Thanks!

According to the members' website:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change

Here are the DVC housekeeping prices:

Housekeeping Daily Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $25.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $30.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $40.00 per day requested
Grand Villa - $60.00 per day requested
Trash & Towel - $10.00 per day requested.

Note: Rates are subject to change

Hmmmm. I am on the Member site under the Resorts page and happened to be on SSR. I clicked resort services and received the above prices. Obviously different from LisaS though....

Well looks like a faux pax on the website. I checked the other resorts and they all have the price list that LIsaS posted. Only SSR has the one I posted. Must never have been updated for some reason..yikes.

Hmmmm. I am on the Member site under the Resorts page and happened to be on SSR. I clicked resort services and received the above prices. Obviously different from LisaS though....
I think those are the old prices. Looks like the SSR Resort Services page did not get updated. My info came from BWV's Resort Services page and the same info appears for VWL, BCV and OKW. (AKV doesn't have a Resort Services page yet.)

I like the old prices better LOL! Hmmm maybe one gets a great discount for housekeeping at SSR, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter