Transportation around for CP

Tiggerfan14

Mouseketeer
Hi, can anyone tell me about the transportation. I know they have buses that take you to wherever you would need to go on disney property. How about off property?Say the walmart, or cvs or walgreens.Thinking if a prescription is needed. Also I heard something about Cocoa Beach?
Thanks

If you don't have a car you'd have to hitch a ride with someone else off property, but Disney provides a bus to take you from your apartment to anywhere in Disney. Hope for some friendly roommates! ;)

I have a car, so I'm no bus expert, but I know that the American Coaches (used to use Dynamic) go to WalMart regularly, and I think once a week to Florida Mall, and sometimes there are scheduled trips to Cocoa or other beaches. The busses are supposed to be OK, but not fantastic. I swore I would never ride one, so I can't tell you everything. But they do go off property.

From what I understand they are the same busses the resorts use. I plan on bringing my own car though for offsite trips but to save money on gas I plan on taking the bus to work (why not?? its free!)

~Snow White's Proteje princess:

No, they are not resort buses. The College Program has a contract with American Coach. They are operating participants. You'll hear much more about these (OPs) when you come down. Resort buses are solely owned and operated by Disney Transportation. CP buses are not. The American Coach presence is very noticeable around the entire LBV area, on and off property. The Program just ended a contract with Dynamic, and because of poor service quality, they chose not to renew that contract. That is why--since only a few weeks ago--we have been using American Coach.

Resort buses are for resort guests only, and CMs can only use them with permission from your leader, and only for certain reasons. They don't like to crowd already crowded buses. Plus, its just bad show.

THANK GOD!!! I really did not like Dynamic at ALL! I hope the new bus company is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter