Transpacific cruise

anncro54

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken the this cruise on Royal Caribbean? It is 23 days and leaves out of Sydney Australia and ports in Seattle, WA. Just wondering about the time at sea. Have a couple of long days at sea. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debi

We did 18 day Sydney to Honolulu three years ago on RCL on the Radiance. That's the cruise that continues on to Seattle.

We had two stretches with 4 or 5 sea days; NZ to French Polynesia and then again French Polynesia to Hawaii. What are you wondering about? If its the sea conditions, we were very fortunate not to have any rough seas at all. In fact, my wife normally takes motion sickness medication just on general principles but she went several days without during that cruise. If its simply what to do on those days, well we just enjoyed relaxing on board. Pool/spa/dining/doing nothing. Yes, there are indeed activities to participate in if that is important to you.

I looked this cruise up and it looks amazing! Sea days are my favorites and during sea days I enjoy the opportunity to hang out at the pool, my stateroom, reading, visiting the spa or just relaxing in one of the lounges. It also allows for time to do some other activities such as the flow-rider, rock wall climbing, or whatever else that ship offers. RCL does plan for sea days by offering all sorts of activities.

I agree - this looks great! Plenty of interesting stops (wonder if they have Survivor location tours) and some sea days to chill out.

In any event, sea days are great for relaxing or just exploring the ship. Just slow your pace down and everything will take care of itself.

I looked this cruise up and it looks amazing! Sea days are my favorites and during sea days I enjoy the opportunity to hang out at the pool, my stateroom, reading, visiting the spa or just relaxing in one of the lounges. It also allows for time to do some other activities such as the flow-rider, rock wall climbing, or whatever else that ship offers. RCL does plan for sea days by offering all sorts of activities.

Please come back and post how you liked it/trip report or comments if you decide to take it. I'm looking at 2019 or 2020. thanks!

We have enjoyed The Radiance, Vancouver to Hawaii and will do it again this September. We did experience the ship rolling for a few of the days out of Vancouver.

Has anyone taken the this cruise on Royal Caribbean? It is 23 days and leaves out of Sydney Australia and ports in Seattle, WA. Just wondering about the time at sea. Have a couple of long days at sea. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debi
Just wanted to add that there is a very amusing event on the day you cross the equator. Fun to watch. Also, you'll have one day that is actually two days as you cross the international date line. The guy that changes the day on the elevators gets to take a day off. ;)

We did this last year on Explorer and it was absolutely amazing. We had 24 nights. We started with a couple of sea days, then had three ports in a row, a sea day, overnight in Fiji, 7 sea days, three ports in a row and then 6 sea days. I did a trip report which is linked under Round the World in 28 Days in my signature.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!