Transferring Roles On DCEP

Dolewhip68

Earning My Ears
Hey! I'm currently doing the Disney Cultural Exchange Program, as Custodial in Animal Kingdom. At my interview I never expressed high interest in the role and, having worked as a park greeter and admissions host in a park at home, assumed I'd be allocated attractions, or merchandise having worked in retail for so long. I was optimistic about Custodial however, determined to make the most of it. As the training started that began to wane, and now working on the job I am completely miserable. All of my housemates rave about their amazing roles and how much they love them and I'm just so jealous and upset and calling home basically just to cry everyday. After years of ice skating, my legs are pretty messed up in multiple places but I'd never really encountered so much pain working a job because of them until working now.

Is there absolutely any way I can talk to anybody about transferring? I love guest interaction, I love everything this company does, I've wanted to do this program since I was twelve years old and now I just feel so disheartened and like I've let myself and everyone down. I've spent a lot of money getting here and am so homesick and it just doesn't seem worth sticking around if the job is making me this miserable, but at the same time I don't want to leave. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do CEPs ever actually get transferred?

If it's a matter of not being physically well enough to properly perform the role, I'd go talk with your leaders. I worked Custodial in Magic Kingdom and there was a girl I was in training with who had some back issues that wouldn't allow her the constant heavy lifting so she talked with the leaders and they transferred her to Merchandise. She wasn't a CEPer (we were both regular CPers) so different program lengths, but generally physical matters they are more lenient about, especially in Custodial.

Also, you should know for the Disney Programs if you put any interest in a role you will be considered for it and they aren't always the best about aligning your past work experience or expertise with the role they give you. It's all primarily a matter of what they have available for the duration of your program. It's unfortunate, but that's kind of the logistical point of the programs (have constant affordable labor for a set, steady period of time).

Wishing things start looking up for your program! I personally loved Custodial (I worked in Magic Kingdom), but I can see where it's not for everyone so hopefully your leadership at DAK will allow you a re-cast. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter