Transfer Questions

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
I hope I’m posting this in the right place! We have never transferred points before (given or received) so I have some questions and hopefully someone can help!

We are looking at staying in a grand villa at OKW for two weeks next year. This will take a lot of points. I know you can only transfer out once per year, but is it only once per year to receive as well? We are AKV owners so if an OKW owner transfers me their points will I be able to book at the 11 month window? If I am able to have two or more transfers in, do those points combine or do they remain separate? Thanks for any and all help! Trying to figure out the best and smoothest way to do this...

My other thought is renting points and linking the reservations, but I would love to have one continuous reservation and not have to rely on someone else linking them (we really don’t want to chance that we might have to pack up, throw away food and drinks, check out, check back in, and unpack).

Last edited:
2 weeks in the summer will be 954 points, I doubt you will find a owner that will have that many points to transfer. You can only transfer 1 time in or out in a year. Good luck.

You may transfer either in or out once per use year, but not both in the same use year.

You can transfer into your account during two subsequent UYs. BUT, you cannot borrow transferred points. You can bank them.

We are AKV owners so if an OKW owner transfers me their points will I be able to book at the 11 month window?

You would be able to book OKW at 11 months out with those transferred pts but your pts would still only be valid for booking AKV at 11 months out.

Renting is probably your best bet but it will be tough to find someone renting that many pts and may require multiple rentals (which would risk having to move mid-stay).

It is possible but it would take some creativity and a willing OKW owner. Lets say you wanted to go to OKW in late fall 2019 for 2 weeks and it would take the fore mentioned 954 points for a GV. You find a willing owner now who has 500 April UY OKW points to transfer for both the 2018 UY and the 2019 UY. The owner agrees to the transfer and transfers the 2018 points now and the 2019 points in a few weeks so you then have 1000 OKW points. Then once you get to the 11 month window you can book your vacation. Depending on when you were planning on the vacation in 2019, you may have to bank the 2018 points but that's no problem as banking is allowed...borrowing is not. You are entitled to one transfer(either in or out) per UY so this would satisfy both of you for 2018 and 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!