Transatlantic & Med 2007 BLOGs and TRIP REPORTs and other Important FAQ

i'm sure they'll tell you all about it but in the FAQ section you can find the navigators for one of the TA's a couple of years ago - it would give you a good idea of what they offer each night

Please tell me more about the westbound trans-atlantic. We are booked on a 5 day double-dip next June on the Wonder, but now I'm thinking about switching to the longer trip. I love the sea days, but I'm wondering if it's just too many.
There's no such thing as too many lol
What did you do on all those sea days?
There was so much onboard that we ended up missing out on some things. What I do remember is: Mystery at Sea (like a murder mystery around the boat over a few days), Bingo, Quizes, Art tours, Stageworks (behind the scene at the Walt Disney Theatre), tastings for both food & drink, movies, deck parties etc. Seriously there was loads to do!
Did they have 14 different nightly shows?
Techinically yes but some were comedians. They had 5 stage shows I think (Disney Dreams, Golden Mickeys, The Art of the Story, When Mickey Dreams - special show with acrobats & Twice Charmed) Plus Welcome Onboard show & Remember the Magic. Then they had the On the Nose gameshow which was an audience participation show. They had a movie night plus 2 special guest star nights (Boyz II Men on EB, Susan Egan on WB and Jim Brickman on both). Then they did the Crew Talent show one night. So its:
5 Stage shows, 2 part shows (welcome & goodbye), 1 game show, 2 guest stars, 1 talent show, 1 movie night and I would therefore assume there were 3 comedians
What was the weather like? TIA. If I'm going to do this, I need to arm myself with lots of info to convince DH to switch!!

Right well on the EB one (May) it was very bad weather but we were told that this was the best time to go on a TA so it was unseasonal. On the WB (Aug) it was lovely weather and we were told this too was unseasonal. This time the TA's are running in April & September so I'm not 100% sure on what the weather will be like.

I'm very naive about this. Do you think Tunis is safe to go around with the small kids (4-5 years old)? This is my first time in Europe and reading the descriptions of Tunis, a muslim country, made me consider if we should stay in the boat that day. I personally do want to spend excursion money for a place I feel uncomfortable...am I thinking too much?!

I'm very naive about this. Do you think Tunis is safe to go around with the small kids (4-5 years old)? This is my first time in Europe and reading the descriptions of Tunis, a muslim country, made me consider if we should stay in the boat that day. I personally do want to spend excursion money for a place I feel uncomfortable...am I thinking too much?!

I am concerned too since I will be traveling with my cousin (we will be two women)...how should we dress?

OK my parents took me to Tunis as a child (I was around 7 or 8 I think). We didn't really do much but I know we did go out to a market and had someone offer to pay for me but that was about it. There were no major issues but it's you do need to make sure you have hold of your kids at all times.

As for clothes, you will need to cover up your chest and legs if you are a woman, and actually if you are a man as well. Especially if you are going in any of the churches, you need to be covered, but you don't need to wear traditional dress or anything just not too much flesh on show.

Sarah

Thank you for the information - very helpful.:thumbsup2

No problem. Even in some of the European countries you will need to cover up if you are going in any religious buildings. I know on our last cruise one lady carried a thick Sarong with her and wore shorts then just wrapped this around at areas she needed to cover up.

There's no such thing as too many lol

There was so much onboard that we ended up missing out on some things. What I do remember is: Mystery at Sea (like a murder mystery around the boat over a few days), Bingo, Quizes, Art tours, Stageworks (behind the scene at the Walt Disney Theatre), tastings for both food & drink, movies, deck parties etc. Seriously there was loads to do!

Techinically yes but some were comedians. They had 5 stage shows I think (Disney Dreams, Golden Mickeys, The Art of the Story, When Mickey Dreams - special show with acrobats & Twice Charmed) Plus Welcome Onboard show & Remember the Magic. Then they had the On the Nose gameshow which was an audience participation show. They had a movie night plus 2 special guest star nights (Boyz II Men on EB, Susan Egan on WB and Jim Brickman on both). Then they did the Crew Talent show one night. So its:
5 Stage shows, 2 part shows (welcome & goodbye), 1 game show, 2 guest stars, 1 talent show, 1 movie night and I would therefore assume there were 3 comedians

Right well on the EB one (May) it was very bad weather but we were told that this was the best time to go on a TA so it was unseasonal. On the WB (Aug) it was lovely weather and we were told this too was unseasonal. This time the TA's are running in April & September so I'm not 100% sure on what the weather will be like.

Thanks so much! As you can tell from my siggie, it didn't take as much convincing as I thought it would!

OK my parents took me to Tunis as a child (I was around 7 or 8 I think). We didn't really do much but I know we did go out to a market and had someone offer to pay for me but that was about it. There were no major issues but it's you do need to make sure you have hold of your kids at all times.

As for clothes, you will need to cover up your chest and legs if you are a woman, and actually if you are a man as well. Especially if you are going in any of the churches, you need to be covered, but you don't need to wear traditional dress or anything just not too much flesh on show.

Thanks for the info! It's helpful!;)

We are on the EBTA and i would like to know if the packinglist for a 14 night cruise is different then from any other cruise.

Would you pack more or different things then the normal lenght cruises??

We are on the EBTA and i would like to know if the packinglist for a 14 night cruise is different then from any other cruise.

as far as clothes and under garments on a 14 day i would do a load:laundy: or 2:laundy: of wash!
bring more wine or beer and liquior1

karl

We took more but shouldn't have bothered as only wore half of it. We had 2 formal nights and 1 semi on the EBTA but they changed this to 1 formal and 2 semi on the WBTA. I would still say it might be worth taking 2 formal outfits just incase as it's hard to know in advance but we emailed Disney a month before the EBTA and asked how many there would be. They then gave us the nights they would be as well.

Remember flying out of Europe you may have different luggage restraints so its best to keep this in mind when packing.

We did a wash on both TAs as this was the easiest option. Aiming for the same again this time.

Oh and with all those days at sea I would suggest if you swim take an extra swimsuit. I, on a couple of occassions, had to wear a damp swim suit up to the pool and it wasn't very nice - especially on the day we camped out in the hot tub as it was so cold.

Oh and try to take flat evening shoes incase the boat's rocky. We didn't think about this when we went and ended up having to walk round barefoot in long evening gowns as it was too shaky to wear heels. Fun but not something I would want to repeat.

Thanks gismo1554 for the reply.
The hint about emailing Disney one month upfront about the days and schedule for the formal nights is a great one!!!

Remember flying out of Europe you may have different luggage restraints so its best to keep this in mind when packing.
Flying out of Europe isn't the problem there we can bring with us 2 suitcases of 50 pounds per person.
The problem is flying back home from Barcelona to The Netherlands....
There we are only allowed 1 suitcase of 44 pound per person.....

We are planning to do some washes on board (we have to), we are aiming on 2 washes.

Oh and try to take flat evening shoes incase the boat's rocky. We didn't think about this when we went and ended up having to walk round barefoot in long evening gowns as it was too shaky to wear heels. Fun but not something I would want to repeat.
I never wear heels, i can't walk on heels.
If you see me walking on heels i walk on land the same as you did on a rocky boat :rotfl:

Thanks gismo1554 for the reply.
The hint about emailing Disney one month upfront about the days and schedule for the formal nights is a great one!!!
Yeah I'm hoping they still do this next year as it was a God send to know in advance (although the dates altered when we were on board). Just knowing roughly how many is a bonus!
Flying out of Europe isn't the problem there we can bring with us 2 suitcases of 50 pounds per person.
The problem is flying back home from Barcelona to The Netherlands....
There we are only allowed 1 suitcase of 44 pound per person.....
Oh be careful with the Transatlantic route as British Airways has just cut its luggage to 1 bag as of October this year I believe so other airlines may follow suite (fingers crossed they wont!!!!)
We are planning to do some washes on board (we have to), we are aiming on 2 washes.

I never wear heels, i can't walk on heels.
If you see me walking on heels i walk on land the same as you did on a rocky boat :rotfl:

:rotfl2: The joys of being obsessed with heels as a kid (well teenager) I can wear wedges and platforms but not stiletoes. Always need heels with jeans and trousers as between leg sizes so they always drop below my flats - although I wear flats to work all day and put up with it. Unfortunately my trainers and flip flops didn't look right with my dress last time lol

I'm so excited! We just booked the 10 day Med. cruise! WooHoo! Thanks so much for all this great info. and a special thanks to the person who asked about Tunisia--I was wondering the same thing. Is there anywhere I can info on shore excursions for Tunisia, Malta and Corsica?

I was able to get alot of info on Tunisia, Malta, and Corsica form cruisecritic.com. Go to the ports of call/ Africa for Tunisia.

We are going to hire a taxi for a 1/2 day tour to the market, Bardo Museum and Sidi Bou Said. Prices for taxis are good at $25/hour, just confirm before getting in.

We are going to book a 1/2 day tour in Malta with Touring Malta. 210 E.

Corsica has a beach within walking distance of where we'll be docked. Also, they have a little train tour, 90 min, that takes you around town and along the coast.

We will be on the Sept 8,2010 Magic Med Cruise with our son & family.

Hope that helps !
Gina:cheer2:

I was able to get alot of info on Tunisia, Malta, and Corsica form cruisecritic.com. Go to the ports of call/ Africa for Tunisia.

We will be on the Sept 8,2010 Magic Med Cruise with our son & family.

Hope that helps !
Gina:cheer2:

Thanks for the link. We will be on the same cruise.

travelbug24...hope to chat with you again about our cruise. It may be a long way off but planning is half the fun ! Also, with so many cruising before us, we'll have lots of trip reports to read and tips to gain from .

I started a roll-call on the cruise critic board, but no one has joined yet.

Happy planning !

Gina:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!