Trails end - tell me about it

Bigcheeseesq

Earning My Ears
Is it a buffet for lunch and dinner too? Or just breakfast?

Are the lunch and dinner options the same?

Is it good?

How much is the lunch or dinner?

Trying to decide if I should make a reservation for lunch or dinner while we r there.

Is it a buffet for lunch and dinner too? Or just breakfast?

Lunch and dinner also

Are the lunch and dinner options the same?

Yes

Is it good?

It’s very good comfort food! The fried chicken and cornbread are excellent!

How much is the lunch or dinner?

So sorry I can’t remember. I do remember it was the least expensive buffet on property.

Trying to decide if I should make a reservation for lunch or dinner while we r there.

I’d say go for dinner. Take to boat over from Magic Kingdom and make your reservation at a time when you will be heading back to Magic Kingdom during the fireworks. A relaxing boat ride, great food and finish it off with the fireworks = the perfect evening! Enjoy!

Expand your quote. I answered all of your questions but they are mostly hidden in your quote. Oops, I did it wrong. Lol

The weekend brunch buffet is different from the weekday breakfast buffet in that the brunch has a couple dinner items out to choose from as well. The fried chicken is my favorite and the bread pudding was out also. Plus there is more dinner options out as well, not just those two. The carving station with the fresh carved turkey and bacon sliced onto your plate are good too!

I'll pay the extra to get the brunch selection. Hope you choose it and enjoy it.

Bama Ed

Trails End use to the best restaurant on Disney Property for down home country food. Fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes. Fixins! Sadly, it has made a slow down hill turn. Each year, over the past five years, we have watched it slowly slide. Each visit is not as good as the year before. Which stinks! Now, that said, its still good, but its not what it use to be. The take out side (inside the restaurant) will still yield good fried chicken and sides for a fraction of the cost to the buffet. Also, if you are asking because you plan to stay at Fort Wilderness and are exploring your eatery options....might I suggest the Food Truck next to the movie area. Fantastic little hamburger/sandwich station that with ample portions to feed the family for dinner. We do a mix on our trips of eat in Trails End, to go Trails End, and Food Truck.

Sit down TE dinner for a family of 4 = $100ish (eat until the buttons bust)
Take out TE dinner for a family of 4 = $50
Food Truck dinner for a family of 4 = $40

All good!

It’s alright. We did the breakfast buffet. So not worth the money. We live in Georgia. It tries to be southern home cooking, but it just comes out as a poor mimic. The chicken was meh. The only really yummy thing were the waffles. Somehow, they were tender inside and crispy outside.....on a buffet! Unfortunately I ate it last....it got cold, because typically that stuff loses all crunch on steam tables, and I wasn’t expecting much, but it was good. I hear Pjs serves the same food for less money. I’d go with a group if they wanted to, but wouldn’t seek it out with just my family.

My family is pretty fond of Trails End. We usually do 1 breakfast and 1 lunch during our stay at the Fort. We have eaten at several of the Disney restaurants and in our opinion, this is one of the better ones. There is a large selection of items to choose from which is good if you have a picky eater in your family. If we were only going to do one, we would choose the dinner. Another plus is that the wait staff is very friendly, courteous and attentive to your needs. Like everything else, what is good to one may not be as good to another. IMHO when compared to other buffets of comparable price, Trails End is worth a visit.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Steve

We like the Trail's End - first, I think it is a very good value (for Disney) for your money. I like both breakfast and dinner there. The breakfast food is more or less typical of any breakfast buffet. The dinner buffet is all Southern food - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese. They also have a build your own baked potato bar - which I haven't seen at any other Disney buffet that I have been to and I like. I also think the desserts at Trail's End are really good - the cookies were good, the banana pudding too.

Like the above posters, we really like Trails End. We also usually eat a breakfast and a dinner while there during our trip. Have been going since not long after they opened in '71 and if anything, they have added new dishes which has made it even better IMO.

The only thing I'm not super fond of is the strawberry cake - seems to be mostly dry cake, but I make lots of strawberry cakes myself, so maybe I'm just being partial and picky! :)

Really, really love the pecan sticky buns on the breakfast buffet!!! :tongue: :D

Having eaten there since 1985 (no where near as long as some old timers around these parts :stir:) we really enjoy it. Breakfast is always crowd pleasing with my family and dinner, I just salivate thinking of going there for dinner. I think the fried chicken is excellent and the chili is some of the best I've had. I hate spending that much money on chili and corn bread, but I pig out on that every time. As posted above, I think it is the best buffet on property for the price. I think Boma over at AKL is a close second. It isn't the same as back when Crockett's Tavern was an actual restaurant but it is still excellent. If you are staying at the fort, you can't go wrong with a dinner resssie. Grab dinner, go relax on the beach and watch the fireworks.

Our trip this April the take out Pizza was fantastic, maybe we were in a Pizza mood, it was our last night after 8 nights eating at DS or HS, it really hit the mark

I think trails end is one of the best buffets on property. The only thing I don’t like is it takes some effort to get to. You can’t just drive up to the restaurant. Have to park then take a bus.

I think trails end is one of the best buffets on property. The only thing I don’t like is it takes some effort to get to. You can’t just drive up to the restaurant. Have to park then take a bus.

Or, just go over on the boat on your MK day - super convenient then!! With the added bonus of a relaxing boat ride!! :-)

Trails End has been consistently a great option for me as someone with a corn allergy. The menu is full of corn, but the chef there (we always have the same man Whose name may be Jetjep) makes awesome custom meals that leave the rest of the restaurant looking jealous, lol. If you have someone with allergies in your party this is a good value as us allergics often can’t eat the standard fare in many restaurants anyway, but pay the same prices as everyone else.

I usually eat there a couple of time each visit simply because the aren't many other options at Ft Wilderness. (Hoop de Doo and the Backyard BBQ have the same food) If you don't care about healthy choices, then it's fine for the money. Most of the dishes are loaded with fat and grease; but they do offer salads and fresh fruit too. So most people can pick around and find something edible.

Yep, I can certainly pick around and find something edible alright - the trouble is, I find too much edible, and have to waddle out. :P Actually, there's a lot there that I don't consider loaded with grease, but then, that's my opinion.

Truthfully, there's not usually too many restaurants at Disney (or most places) that have really healthy entrees, not to say you can't eat healthy if you're very conscious of it, but I don't worry on vacation - just deal with that at home. I just like the enjoyment of 'whatever'!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!