Trails End questions

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
How do we get there from MK and how long would it take? Would it be fun for a three year old and how is the food? It will December so when it's dark out is there anything to do at Ft Wilddrness for us to fill a few hours? Thanks!!

Take a boat from MK to FW. When you exit the MK, the dock is straight ahead.

FW has cute pony rides and a petting zoo, but I doubt they are open after dark. Maybe you could hit them first. Don't worry about beast germs. They have a nice hand washing station and sanitizer there.

The campground also holds a nightly Chip & Dale campfire and sing-along. Look on Disney's website for the time since it changes with the seasons. I believe that there is also a horse and carriage ride between FW and WL.

The campfire is free unless you want to buy and make S'mores. You can bring your own chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. Or take out a home equity loan to buy them at FW's general store. (Just kidding.)

The pony and carriage rides are not free, but not too crazy priced (like the price of S'mores kits.)

Last edited:
Christmas season at the Fort is the best. Many of the RV's are decorated for the holidays. The carriage ride will take you thru a few of what are traditionally the more decorated loops. My kids love to see the decorations. We like the food at Trail's End - although I do prefer breakfast to supper (but that is just me).

Trails End is such a great hidden gem! I've had dinner there and the food is really, really good and very fresh! Lots of awesome options! Don't forget to check out the loads of different dessert options! You can't beat it for the price as well. I highly recommend this place. FW is such an amazing place too with so much to do especially during the holidays. Most of the RVs are have all there decor lit up, the hotel is decorated, carriage rides/see the ponies and horses.

Thanks for the ideas! The campfire and sleigh rides sound nice. But I can never seem to find out info on the WDW website. I click on campfires and it just takes me in circles. Same thing when I check resort calendars for recreation schedules. Sometimes I think Disney needs some help in the IT department!

Thanks for the ideas! The campfire and sleigh rides sound nice. But I can never seem to find out info on the WDW website. I click on campfires and it just takes me in circles. Same thing when I check resort calendars for recreation schedules. Sometimes I think Disney needs some help in the IT department!

Visit us on the DIS Camping Board for things Fort Wilderness including the Chip & Dale Campfire/Singalong. I am actually the person who pulls the FW movie and rec calendar and posts it monthly on the Camping Board. Here is the schedule for this month (July 2017):

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-is-out-july-4th-gc-parade-confirmed.3614705/

In December (winter) the times for the event traditionally are an hour earlier than they are now during summer so the campfire lighting in December will be at 630pm, singalong with C&D will start at 7pm and the movie rolls around 740pm. The schedule gets posted by the first of each month or so.

As FYI there is a food truck that sells snacks and campfire items (sticks, a few marshmallows, etc.) if you want to actually roast a few. A S'mores kit which will include some graham crackers and chocolate bars with marshmallows will run about $10. So you can BYO or buy their supplies. Thus you might want to leave a little room in your tummy after eating at TE for a roasted blob of sugar on a stick. <yummy>

Here is the Dis Camping Board link: https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!