Trails End May Be Going Away Forever But Its Bread Pudding Recipe Is Not

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
We've all heard by now of the announcement that Trails End will be closing Spring 2023 and something else will come in its place. Many wonderful foods will pass into history although one would think the fried chicken will still survive on the Hoop Dee Doo Review menu.

But back in 2017, @SamRoc posted a question about the bread pudding and I happened to be at the Fort when it happened. The story is covered here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bread-pudding-recipe-from-trails-end.3569968/

I got the recipe (industrial sized) and broke it down into family/personal quantities and posted about it here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-real-authentic-trails-end-bread-pudding-recipe.3852344/

Note there is also a PDF of the recipe available on this link with both the industrial recipe (straight from the Fort kitchens cook book) and my down-sized version.

I say all that to say this:

Yesterday during Super Bowl Sunday I cooked a turkey and whipped up a batch of the Trails End Bread Pudding.

Here was the turkey:

Here was the bread pudding raw mix going into the pan:

Here is the pan coming out of the oven:

And here is my serving before I dove into it:

Download the PDF with the recipes, cook up a batch, and savor the goodness we all once knew. IMO the best part is the pecan sauce because it has TWO sticks of butter in it and thus is SO good when it's warm, sweet, and sticky.

Print it out and save the recipe for your kids.

Bama Ed

PS - Trails End closing has me really .... not p'o-d .... but just SAD. It was all so good and we KNEW it but it's being taken away from us. That's why I'm posting this recipe again.

I admit that I followed the sauce recipe in the link shown on Super Bowl Sunday but added another 1/3-1/2 cup of chopped pecans because .....

giphy.gif

.... because I could. With all that butter in the sauce, more pecans tasted RIGHT!

Not sorry I did this. Call my GP to report me if you want to. SO GOOD!

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter