Trailer storage between visits

Disney Wish

Earning My Ears
We love the Fort but towing a trailer down to FL from ONT a couple of times during the winter is not feasible. What would be ideal is to find a place to store our own trailer in Orlando area from Oct to Apr with the additional service of setting up the trailer at the Fort for a couple of visits in the winter - likely Dec and Feb. We could then fly down for those visits. Has anyone heard of such a service?

No have not heard of such a service. In the winter up here in PA campgrounds will store trailers sometimes for cash in the off season. But since FL gets all the snowbirds and they fill up the campgrounds during that time, not so sure. Best of luck in your search and maybe one of the FL locals will have some ideas.

Yes, there is another Disser that I'm 99 % suredoes this from Canada. Boomer1. Ed, am I correct?

Yes, there is another Disser that I'm 99 % suredoes this from Canada. Boomer1. Ed, am I correct?

Denise, well of COURSE you are.

Yes, our poster Boomer1 (Tom and Krista) are from New Brunswick, CA. They store their trailer in the Orlando area and have it hauled out and set up at the Fort so it is ready when they drive in. I believe they make 2-3 trips in a 12-month period in the late fall-winter-early spring window.

Disney Wish, you could send Boomer1 (Krista) a private message about their arrangements but there are RV storage places in the Orlando area that do that so it might be good to call and check around.

Bama Ed

PS - the OP is asking for storage for only a portion of the year versus year round so I don't know if that changes anything.

PS - the OP is asking for storage for only a portion of the year versus year round so I don't know if that changes anything.
If I had to guess, it would most certainly change the cost. Whether it's a "Monthly" cost or a "Yearly" cost, no doubt a huge impact here. I suspect, however that one who keeps their storage YEAR ROUND will pay a lower "Monthly" cost then one who only uses it for a few months a year.

I also think that if you (or rather OP) only need it a few months a year, you may have an issue of "Availability". I am certain the companies would rather rent to someone who wants it for the entire year rather then one who wants it for (let's say) 4 months. Then they have to find someone to fill it for the Rest of the year.

Yes we store our 5th wheel in Clermont and have a gentleman tow it to our site for us. My parents also do the same. Feel free to PM me and I will give you the info.
Happy summer to everyone else. I haven't been on the Disboards much as summer is very busy for us.

Thanks to all of you for responding to my message. Boomer1, I can't find the link to PM you. Can you pls send me a PM? depending on cost, annual rate may be doable.

Thanks to all of you for responding to my message. Boomer1, I can't find the link to PM you. Can you pls send me a PM? depending on cost, annual rate may be doable.

DW,

At the top of the web page on the right, click on your user name (since you are logged in) and over on the left, choose the "Start a Conversation". In the new software, a conversation is the same as a PM.

Bama Ed

Thanks for your help. I'm getting an error message "You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Boomer1." Perhaps I haven't posted enough?

Thanks for your help. I'm getting an error message "You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Boomer1." Perhaps I haven't posted enough?

When you sign up to the DIS (way back when for some of us), you have to indicate if you will accept private messages/conversations from another member <or change the default options>. It could be your settings or Boomer1's settings. Roll back up to your name upper right and look under the "Settings/Contact Details" on the left. For this to work, you should have a check mark in the "Accept conversations from...<members only>" Boomer1 needs to have it checked also.

Me, I can't tell from here if you or Boomer1 doesn't have that option checked but if you check your option and then we post here for Boomer1 to see and check hers, we will get it worked out.

Bama Ed

PS - then one of you can pm the other. :surfweb:

Hmmm.... Another "Business Plan" in the making? :D

You mean there are no Storage facilities in the Orlando area that has trailer parking. Almost every one around here has an area to park your RV, boat, truck whet ever for a monthly fee.

OP you wouldn't even need one in FL you could find one along your route.

ETA: must read better "with the additional service of setting up the trailer at the Fort for a couple of visits in the winter - likely Dec and Feb. We could then fly down for those visits. Has anyone heard of such a service?" :)

ETAII: Maybe one of the rental places but I doubt they would want to be responsible for your trailer. A Storage Facility has a different kind of Liability.

Yes we store our 5th wheel in Clermont and have a gentleman tow it to our site for us. My parents also do the same. Feel free to PM me and I will give you the info.
Happy summer to everyone else. I haven't been on the Disboards much as summer is very busy for us.
Although i can not PM you, i would love the contact info and details if possible...If you could email it to me, i would be thankful!!! Lorillard2000@msn.com

1) I live in Clermont, approx. 20-25 minutes from WDW.
2) There are two locations that store RV's and campers.
3) As mentioned above, one even delivers your unit when you need it.

I am hoping to get a little help on this as i have called 6 different storage companies that came up under the Clermont area, without any luck. There was one name with 2 locations, but i only called 1 store...is it the other location? Thanks for any help i could get!

I am hoping to get a little help on this as i have called 6 different storage companies that came up under the Clermont area, without any luck. There was one name with 2 locations, but i only called 1 store...is it the other location? Thanks for any help i could get!
The Thousand Trails has a storage lot.

I am also interested in storing. Has anyone found a place yet?? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

I am also interested in storing. Has anyone found a place yet?? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

I have looked into storage sites as suggested above. Where I am having difficulty is the transfer to the Fort. Once I know for sure our trailer will be ready for this fall, I will actively search again. I'll let you know if I find something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter