• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tradewinds Island Grand-St.Petes Beach

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
Just thought I would write a quick trip report on this resort.

Island Grand is one for 3 sister properties and is the "most" deluxe. I was unable to visit the other properties. We had a huge 2 br gulf view suite with Entertainment rate of 200/night. Plenty of room for myself, DH, 2 DD and my parents. Each bedroom had its own bath. The kitchen living area had a reg. size frig,stove micro. The rooms were clean not "over" decorated but not bad either. My only complaint was the frig had "rust" spots on it , I guess from being on the ocean. The property has a very nice stream running thru it and you can take a paddle boat around the property. Parking, Cabannas, paddle boats are all incl ude in their "resort" fee and for once I actually felt like I was getting something for a resort fee!

There are 4 pools one Adult only that is ocean side and one that is nice kid pool , 3ft deep and covered. The pools were warm and VERY well maintained.

There are several different restaurants ranging from Pizza Hut to fancy dinning.

All in all not a bad place or price for being on the gulf.

Sue

Thank You for the info, I am thinking about making a trip to there when we go to disney in march/april. How long does it take to get there from orlando??? We thought 2 days at the end of the busy WDW trip might be relaxing!

It is a solid 1.5 travel time. If you are even considering it I would call and try to get the entertainment rate. If you don't have Entertainment I konw someone else got 50% off thru a florida web site. I was not asked for my Entertainmnet card at check in

I noticed alot of people getting it on priceline. I was going to try to do that. There is only one other *4 in that area and it is called don cesar. I don't know that much about that resort but on biddingfortravel it has come up once or twice.

The Don Cesear is a very upscale resort that looks beautiful.! The best rate I could find was 219/night. Which for us would be 440/night. Yes I have seen Tradewinds properties n priceline but rarely the Island Grand. The Siarieta looked nice and the Sand Piper OK. It wasen't much cheaper with a priceline bid then using the entertainment rate. I preferr using Entertainment because I still can cancel up to five days out.

I "look" around the internet and see if I can find that Fl rate.

If anyone is interested in a 3-star hotel, the Dolphin Beach Resort is nice. It is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico, in St. Pete Beach.

Our room was oceanfront, and we could walk right onto the beach from our patio.

They did have a nice pool, restaurant & pool/bar.

There is also a lot of watersports off the beach if you are interested.

They do have a site where you can check rates. There are also virtual tours. This is the site:

http://www.dolphinbeach.com

We stayed at the Island Grand last year and thought it was horrible!! The room was not that clean and the pool area was a little dirty! We loved the beach and spent all day there.

We went down to the Don Cesar and walked around and said next time we will stay there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter