Trader Sam's (WDW) changed the Polynesian Punch recipe (and doubled the price)

brightlined

DIS Veteran
Had a really lovely trip to the parks over the weekend - lots of people, but sticking to out-of-the-way things made it amazing.

But one weird lowlight.

So I've had a habit of going over to Trader Sam's and getting the Polynesian Punch - one of my favorite beverages.

I bought one at the Terrace last night and didn't realize it until they handed it to me - they've created a new drink and re-used the old name. The old one was like a citrus fruit punch. The new one is more like ginger ale. (They apparently changed it in November.)

Insult to injury - the bartender handed me the bill, and it was $12 - and it felt like a smaller serving. (The old one was $5.)

I felt like I ordered a Coke and got handed a mango Fanta or something, and then was charged double for the trouble.

I'm 100% in support of them creating new drinks, but I don't understand why they didn't just create a new name for the new beverage.

(To be fair, the change is much more clear on the online menu than it is on the in-person menu at the bar. The original had Sam's Gorilla Grog in it, and, honestly, it's unclear without a recipe book what's actually in Sam's Gorilla Grog.)

Kind of a random complaint - but a little bit of an FYI if someone in your family loves the old Polynesian Punch.

20240101_152752.jpg

20240101_152813.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter