TR: USA Summer 2017 New York DC Boston Niagara D23 Expo!

Great Trip Report. I’ve only just discovered it now and are loving all the vibrant pics.

Those views of Niagara Falls are amazing. I have a soft spot for accommodation with a view.

The view from the hotel room was truly breathtaking. and we were lucky that we were there on a night when they had fireworks on also.

*UPDATE*

After around 5 months, I'm coming back to this report!

Day 26- Lazy NYC Day

As our final leg approaches, we thought a lazy day was appropriate. Something we certainly didn't anticipate during this trip was how jam-packed it was, and how nice a rest day was.

After a bit of a sleep in, DS wanted to head back down to the Rockefeller Centre to film a piece for his YouTube channel at the Nintendo NYC store. It's basically a two-storey space that is full of Nintendo gaming memorabilia and merchandise. If you're interested, you can see the video he made below:

After we took the subway back, something DW is quite pleased with herself for mastering, we went for a stroll in Central Park.

EUyY6Po.png

m8tsOVF.png

PyvVyof.png

m8tsOVF

EUyY6Po

PyvVyof

Thanks to DS’ keen eye, he noticed some movie cards placed around the park. These cards help direct cast and crew to the set of a film or television show, so they’re not following some dodgy Google Maps directions that were copied and pasted by an intern. The two signs we saw was for basecamp and set. Base camp is where the trailers, equipment and offices (yes they have small offices for the Unit Production Managers). Set is, well, where the action happens (literally)

(This bit was written by DS).

qOHcQUp.png

ZKIfJQm.png

ZKIfJQm

qOHcQUp

After some snooping, we saw Adam Devine (Modern Family & Pitch Perfect) followed by entourage head into a tent. After googling what movies are filming in Central Park, we discovered it is ‘Isn’t it Romantic?’, slated for release in February 2019. The film stars Aussies Liam Hemsworth and Rebel Wilson, along with Adam Divine and Priyanka Chopra. The basic plot is:
“A young woman disenchanted with love mysteriously finds herself trapped inside a romantic comedy.”

XnsISn8.png

XnsISn8

Sounds interesting. Probably another plane watch, like Into the Storm, for which we witnessed part of the sound mix at Warner Bros. in 2013.

We also spotted Priyanka Chopra and Rebel Wilson.

naQQz6N.png

uu84JzY.png

naQQz6N

uu84JzY

SkrLa8P

While snapping these photos, I did get asked if I was paparazzi! I think it was because of the large camera LOL!

An eventful day to say the least!

EDIT: I don't know why the photos are showing up like this, will try and fix tomorrow :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!