TR: 4 Adults, 3 Kids, 2 B-days, and our 1st family DL Trip! 5.25 - 6.1! (**Updated 7/7!**)

Your ODD is so brave to ride TOT at her age! I remember how scared I was the first time and I was 26:rotfl2:!! I bet she rides it again in a couple of years. :)
Love the final pic of Mickey you took.....I've had so much fun reading your TR, and you'll definitely have to do another one the next time you go!

Love your trip report! And pictures.

Thanks and thank you for reading!

Your ODD is so brave to ride TOT at her age! I remember how scared I was the first time and I was 26:rotfl2:!! I bet she rides it again in a couple of years. :)
Love the final pic of Mickey you took.....I've had so much fun reading your TR, and you'll definitely have to do another one the next time you go!

She was! I bet she will ride again next time we go too :)

Thank you and I'm glad you had fun reading! I will definitely have to do another one on our nexf trip - writing this one was a blast!

I read this all in one sitting and I'm sorry it's over. I'm sorry about your tablet. We actually used the safe for the first time this trip and we never do that and while I don't think theft is any MORE common at Disneyland/World, I think it feels like much more of a bummer.

I read this all in one sitting and I'm sorry it's over. I'm sorry about your tablet. We actually used the safe for the first time this trip and we never do that and while I don't think theft is any MORE common at Disneyland/World, I think it feels like much more of a bummer.

Thanks for reading! I do have a couple more posts to make, I found more pics to share :thumbsup2

We used the safe the entire trip, and it was great to have! It went missing the day we checked out so we couldn't leave them in there. But I agree, it is definitely more of a bummer to have stuff go missing on vacation - especially Disney!

I don't know how I missed the tablet post. I hope the safe at our hotel is big enough for all three of our tablets. I would be heart broken to lose mine.

I can hardly wait to see your Alaska pictures!

I don't know how I missed the tablet post. I hope the safe at our hotel is big enough for all three of our tablets. I would be heart broken to lose mine.

I can hardly wait to see your Alaska pictures!

This was the first time I'd used a hotel safe in awhile, so I'm not sure if there is a standard size but the one in our room at the PPH fit quite a bit! We'd usually only take a room key to the pool and leave all the electronics and such behind and it fit the 3 tablets (7") and tons more (I brought a big DSLR camera and 3 lenses so I was very glad it had room for all my gear)

I'm excited to share them!

I am completely and totally on the same page as your daughter with ToT I will NEVER ride that again!!...My DD(5) LOVED it I did not like it AT ALL and my DS(6) wasn't fond of it

I am completely and totally on the same page as your daughter with ToT I will NEVER ride that again!!...My DD(5) LOVED it I did not like it AT ALL and my DS(6) wasn't fond of it

I'd only ridden once before in WDW, almost 10 years ago. I still liked it, but the drops were definitely more intense than I remembered (of course 20 year old me vs. almost 30 year old me probably has quite a different idea of "intense" on theme park rides, ha!) Maybe my youngest will like it when she's tall enough and not afraid of dark rides - she's my most fearless of my three, I can see her being my crazy ride buddy in the future.

Chapter 9: Everyone Loves Pictures!

I always find photos I missed the first time through, or favorites I didn't share when I go back through a trip or event! Since pictures are one of my favorite parts of others trip reports, I figured no one would mind if I posted more!

First Day:
day1extras.jpg

Second Day:
day2extras.jpg

Third Day:
day3extras.jpg

Fourth Day:
day4extras.jpg

Fifth Day:
day5extras.jpg

Sixth Day:
pooldeckfireworks-2.jpg

Seventh Day:
day6extras.jpg

Last Day:
day7extras.jpg

Wow! Love all the photos! The picture of Daisy and your DH is priceless!:rotfl: I think your girls would have been happy staying an extra week just for the pools alone! They look like they were having a blast....Love the "bug light"...... Also, great shots of your girls' hairdos! Great collage of pics:goodvibes

Awesome photos! How do you get the watermark across them?

Thanks! I use a photo editing program called Lightroom. On the single photos you can set it up to add a watermark on export, and for the collages there is an option to add a watermark on the entire collage or on each image. You can adjust the size/opacity too! For the iPhone collages I used an app called Ezy Watermark, but I've also used Phonto too :)

Wow! Love all the photos! The picture of Daisy and your DH is priceless!:rotfl: I think your girls would have been happy staying an extra week just for the pools alone! They look like they were having a blast....Love the "bug light"...... Also, great shots of your girls' hairdos! Great collage of pics:goodvibes

Thanks! DH was such a good sport, the girls were laughing so hard! After our first afternoon at the pool, DH and I were both like "we could've saved thousands and taken the girls to the indoor waterpark down the street every afternoon for the week!" :rotfl2:They LOVED it! I thought the bug lights were so fun, I had to get a pic! They did a great job with the older two girls' hair at BBB (I'm pretty sure ODD's bun would still be intact if we left it - ha!), my mom gave YDD her whale spout :thumbsup2

I can definitely see not wanting to ride the spinning cars on Mickey's fun wheel after eating (actually, will need to consider that sort of timing as I do want to try the spinning ones).

Those bug's land rides look really cute - glad your girls enjoyed them!

I do like that photo of the silhouettes against the back of WOC. Actually, for people that go their regularly that would be a cool shot to get of your kids over the years and watch how they grow.

Sounds like a nice morning alone with your ODD and you got on a number of big rides quickly! My oldest daughter is the opposite with regards to ToT - she would be fine with the drops but is so freaked out by the darkness and ghosts that she wants nothing to do with the ride.

The Tarzan Tree House looks like fun and glad to hear your kids enjoyed the Disney Jr show.

Bummer about not finding the tablet - always put a bit of a sour note on the end of a trip when you lose something like that.

The necklaces sounds like a lovely idea - hopefully that is a good reminder to them of their trip and of each other (and of you, of course)

Very fun photos at the end - always fun to relive the trip through photos!

I enjoyed reading your TR so very much! So glad you had a wonderful first visit for your girls. Love that you got to spend individual time with each of them and had Disney date time with your hubby! You're obviously an awesome mom!!

I can definitely see not wanting to ride the spinning cars on Mickey's fun wheel after eating (actually, will need to consider that sort of timing as I do want to try the spinning ones).

Those bug's land rides look really cute - glad your girls enjoyed them!

I do like that photo of the silhouettes against the back of WOC. Actually, for people that go their regularly that would be a cool shot to get of your kids over the years and watch how they grow.

Sounds like a nice morning alone with your ODD and you got on a number of big rides quickly! My oldest daughter is the opposite with regards to ToT - she would be fine with the drops but is so freaked out by the darkness and ghosts that she wants nothing to do with the ride.

The Tarzan Tree House looks like fun and glad to hear your kids enjoyed the Disney Jr show.

Bummer about not finding the tablet - always put a bit of a sour note on the end of a trip when you lose something like that.

The necklaces sounds like a lovely idea - hopefully that is a good reminder to them of their trip and of each other (and of you, of course)

Very fun photos at the end - always fun to relive the trip through photos!

I was curious about trying the swinging cars too, friends of ours went a few months earlier and they took their 7 year old DD on a swinging car and got her reaction on video. It was hilarious (she wasn't totally traumatized or anything, but her faces when it started moving were great). I was hoping my ODD would be curious about trying them but she only wanted to do the non-swinging.

That pics of kids in the same spot every year (or trip) is such a good idea. I'm a sucker for yearly photos - there are two every year I make sure I get - 4th of July (which I take) and then Santa pics (which we get at the mall) and now that we've begun the school years I'm sure first & last day of school will be another. We don't go regularly but that made me think that I should try and get a pic of them sitting in front of the castle in princess dresses (and then princess shirts or even Disney bounding type outfits when they are older) on each of our trips :)

I was also glad they liked Disney Jr. - we'll have to do more shows next time. I think they would love the Princess Fantasy Faire and Aladdin shows too.

Hopefully they'll enjoy the necklaces, I thought it was an appropriate gift that will be something they can enjoy when they are older too! As well as the pics, I might just have to get a nice photobook made now that I think about it. They love looking through the ones I've had done already :)

Thanks for all your comments!

I enjoyed reading your TR so very much! So glad you had a wonderful first visit for your girls. Love that you got to spend individual time with each of them and had Disney date time with your hubby! You're obviously an awesome mom!!

Oh thank you so much! I was glad it worked out to do the one on one time with the girls in the parks, and the date with DH as well :)

Popping back in to share some Alaska pics! DH and I have lived up here for 7 years now, though I've had extended family here since the late 40s :) I picked out some of my favorite summer pics, but one of my most favorite parts about living up here is best photographed in the other months when the skies are dark enough to see...

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

(whoops...apparently I should've adjusted the opacity on or turned off my watermark on the pictures first)

The first pic is from the hillside, up at a popular lookout area and hiking destination called Flattop Mountain. This pic is looking the other way at flattop (the mountain on the right that has a rather flat top) and the moon that evening:
IMG_0285.jpg

The second, third, and last photos are all from my back deck (two different shows: 2 & 3 were the same night, but 5 was a couple of years later) and the 4th picture is from Point Woronzof, another popular lookout area that sits at the bottom of one of the airport runways - the white & red dotted line is a plane that had just taken off :)

Seeing the Northern Lights is a really cool experience! I've only witnessed a handful of shows since moving up here, the conditions have to be just right and getting them all lined up at the same time isn't easy! First auroral activity is a must, but then it has to be dark enough (you may have seen in the news recently there was a really strong aurora seen well into the lower 48, it would've been an amazing show up here if it wasn't the week of our longest days of the year!) and clear or mostly clear skies and even the phase of the moon can make a difference - a bright full moon can make them harder to see too. Often it seems like the strongest shows are in the summer, the daytime, or when it's thick cloud cover. Even when the conditions all line up, seeing the northern lights involves a fair amount of patience. They come and go and the data doesn't always match what is actually going on in the sky. I've spent a few hours at most out looking for them, but there are many that go chasing all night. In person they aren't quite as bright & vivid as pictures since cameras can expose the scene longer than the human eye, but still photos don't capture the dancing they do!

More pics to come soon! I also have a couple more posts for my Disneyland TR to add as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!