Toy Story Land

Watched leaked video of Slinky Dog coaster... it lools very slow. Is this really find to be a slower "kiddie" coaster, or was the test run filmed slow because it was a test? I don't know enough about coasters to know of the speeds are adjustable like that?

Or maybe the video was deceiving and only LOOKED slow?
This is a kiddie coaster. However tests can vary in speeds because it’s a test. They will test some different speeds to see what the best speed is.

Not for young children. Teens and adults get Pandora and Star Wars. Makes sense to do something for the 10 & under crowd doesn't it? After all, they are Disney's future consumers.
10 and under crowd? :laughing: Everyone I know my age is excited for this land... But we were all the prime age when the first movie was released(I was 9). Toy Story was a huge part of our childhood and this land brings a lot of nostalgia. I'm more into it than my own kids :thumbsup2

10 and under crowd? :laughing: Everyone I know my age is excited for this land... But we were all the prime age when the first movie was released(I was 9). Toy Story was a huge part of our childhood and this land brings a lot of nostalgia. I'm more into it than my own kids :thumbsup2

Ahhh! My oldest was a huge TS fan from the time he was little. We watched the movies over and over (and over...), he had the costumes, we had a TS yahtzee game that we played almost every night. We were planning to go back in 2019 but I am trying to figure out how to go in June of this year instead...our last trip before he goes to college (sniff, sniff). Now, is it too much to hope that he will humor me and ride the stuff in TS Land???

Does anyone know if you have to have your AP activated to get the invitation for the soft openings? Buying ours at the beginning of March for a May 21-25th on property and it would be awesome to get the kids there (major TS fans).

We were at WDW the May that 7DMT opened. It was not supposed to open until a few days after we left but we were lucky enough to be able to ride it because they had a soft opening a few days beforehand.

We were at WDW the May that 7DMT opened. It was not supposed to open until a few days after we left but we were lucky enough to be able to ride it because they had a soft opening a few days beforehand.

We did that too. We rode it shortly after the 6:00am opening of the 24 hour day, then again in the middle of the night.

We did that too. We rode it shortly after the 6:00am opening of the 24 hour day, then again in the middle of the night.
My daughter who is 12 now was just asking if they were going to have a 24 hour day this year because she really wants to do it. I don’t think they’ve done it for a few years.

Lucky you! We were also there in May the year SDMT opened, but didn't get to ride (we left on the 19th). It was pure torture, because there were CM riding it the day we were at MK!

We always go in early May (and by always, I mean 2014, 2016, and 2018 :D) so we always miss the opening of new stuff. In 2016, I was super excited about the night stuff at AK, and RoL, because it was supposed to open in April so we'd get to experience something new. We didn't, because it was pushed back to later that summer and didn't get anything new or evening rides on Everest (looking forward to that this time!). I am not entertaining any kind of hope for TS.

Lucky you! We were also there in May the year SDMT opened, but didn't get to ride (we left on the 19th). It was pure torture, because there were CM riding it the day we were at MK!

We always go in early May (and by always, I mean 2014, 2016, and 2018 :D) so we always miss the opening of new stuff.

Same, Ditto!! ::yes::

Was there in May just before SDMT opened, saw CMs on trains. Kept stopping by but no luck. So that ,Pandora and the Star Wars fireworks show will be new for us this May! I'm not that bummed about TSLand, just bummed TSM will likely be closed when we are there, it is a fav of ours.

Does anyone know if you have to have your AP activated to get the invitation for the soft openings? Buying ours at the beginning of March for a May 21-25th on property and it would be awesome to get the kids there (major TS fans).

I believe you just have to have an AP, I don't think it necessarily has to be activated yet.

But just a heads up, it's not guaranteed they do AP previews, the Pandora one was the first time they did that. And also, not every AP gets the emails. Disney AP emails and newsletters are notorious for not going out to everyone. That's what's good about being on this forum..I signed my wife and I up for a Pandora AP preview. Meanwhile I never got an email about it and she got the email a couple hours after registration had opened.

So just stay tuned to this forum will be your best bet if they happen to do an AP preview

I believe you just have to have an AP, I don't think it necessarily has to be activated yet.

But just a heads up, it's not guaranteed they do AP previews, the Pandora one was the first time they did that. And also, not every AP gets the emails. Disney AP emails and newsletters are notorious for not going out to everyone. That's what's good about being on this forum..I signed my wife and I up for a Pandora AP preview. Meanwhile I never got an email about it and she got the email a couple hours after registration had opened.

So just stay tuned to this forum will be your best bet if they happen to do an AP preview

I never got the email and neither did DH! I read about it on the Dis and was able to get a spot - unfortunately then the date for DD's dance recital was changed and we didn't get to go! I'm really hoping for the TSL preview, all our weekends in May are wide open this year so if I can snag a spot we should be able to make it. If I remember correctly the sign up was in March last year for Pandora?

I've heard of the plans for the Toy Story Land for months and heard about the Slinky Roller Coaster.
Taking into account the evolution of roller coasters (standing, laying, taller, faster, wider etc), the fact that this is Disney Imagineering, and mostly the name "Slinky", I assumed that this coaster would actually expand and contract as it went up and down the hills.

Imagine watching from the back of the train as the front begins down the hill and begins to stretch like a slinky would, then the back begins to catch up, closing the gaps. Imagine the pulsing acceleration and deceleration as the front and back push and pull each other around the track. Seems like this would be a natural feature of a Slinky coaster.

I just watched the animation video and was so disappointed that it does not appear that the ride will actually be a Slinky.

Anyone else find this to be less than "Walt" quality Imagineering?
I'm actually quite glad it won't do that. My stomach wouldn't appreciate it at all whereas I can handle traditional coasters.

Is this page new?
Any gut guesses about what Summer 2018 will mean?
Technically, Memorial Day weekend is NOT Summer, by the way

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/hollywood-studios/toy-story-land/

TSL.jpg

Any gut guesses about what Summer 2018 will mean?
Technically, Memorial Day weekend is NOT Summer, by the way

Memorial Day and Late June (4th of July maybe?) are the two theories I've heard. My guess is if Disney is aiming for Memorial Day, they say "Summer" rather than "Spring" so that if it runs a month or two over, it is still "on schedule". I would guess they don't want to push it past back to school so all the kids can come, so probably no later than July. I'm liking Memorial Day or Independence Day (July 4).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter