Toy Story Land

How will TSM be part of TSL without moving it to different location? I need a map!

Found a map ... looks like the entrance to TSM will be past the existing entrance and to the right. Going past the existing entrance takes you to TSL.

Could you share that map? I am having a hard time visualizing this. I found this prediction, but the date on it is a little old. Thanks!

Toy Story Land DHS Pixar Post.jpg

The street you currently enter TSMM on (Pixar Place) will close and become backstage when Toy Story Land opens. The red structure on the bottom of this image is the new entrance to TSMM. You will enter Toy Story Land through a path next to Walt Disney Presents and the TSMM building. On the far left of this image you have Woody's Lunchbox the counter service location. Top right is the entrance and load station for Slinky Dog Dash. Alien Swirling Saucers is on the top left. You will exit into the land from TSMM on the far left behind Woody's Lunch Box. Once Star Wars opens you will be able to exit and enter Star Wars via this land as well.

The street you currently enter TSMM on (Pixar Place) will close and become backstage when Toy Story Land opens. The red structure on the bottom of this image is the new entrance to TSMM. You will enter Toy Story Land through a path next to Walt Disney Presents and the TSMM building. On the far left of this image you have Woody's Lunchbox the counter service location. Top right is the entrance and load station for Slinky Dog Dash. Alien Swirling Saucers is on the top left. You will exit into the land from TSMM on the far left behind Woody's Lunch Box. Once Star Wars opens you will be able to exit and enter Star Wars via this land as well.

Thanks for all of the information! That is very helpful.

I've heard of the plans for the Toy Story Land for months and heard about the Slinky Roller Coaster.
Taking into account the evolution of roller coasters (standing, laying, taller, faster, wider etc), the fact that this is Disney Imagineering, and mostly the name "Slinky", I assumed that this coaster would actually expand and contract as it went up and down the hills.

Imagine watching from the back of the train as the front begins down the hill and begins to stretch like a slinky would, then the back begins to catch up, closing the gaps. Imagine the pulsing acceleration and deceleration as the front and back push and pull each other around the track. Seems like this would be a natural feature of a Slinky coaster.

I just watched the animation video and was so disappointed that it does not appear that the ride will actually be a Slinky.

Anyone else find this to be less than "Walt" quality Imagineering?

Does Disney ever do "soft openings" of their rides/lands? Possibly no fast passes but rides up and running to test out. If so when does that typically happen? You would think they would want to run the ride(s) at least few weeks in advance to work out any kinks. Just curious if anyone experienced this when they were at Disney?

Does Disney ever do "soft openings" of their rides/lands? Possibly no fast passes but rides up and running to test out. If so when does that typically happen? You would think they would want to run the ride(s) at least few weeks in advance to work out any kinks. Just curious if anyone experienced this when they were at Disney?
Yes. When they did it for Pandora it was by invitation to AP holders. And DVC members. All were given times to sign up for.
Prior to that, when New Fantasy Land opened at MK, they did a more random, grab folks as they walked by type of soft opening.
I would expect a repeat of what they did for Pandora, not a repeat of what they did for NFL

Last edited:
I've heard of the plans for the Toy Story Land for months and heard about the Slinky Roller Coaster.
Taking into account the evolution of roller coasters (standing, laying, taller, faster, wider etc), the fact that this is Disney Imagineering, and mostly the name "Slinky", I assumed that this coaster would actually expand and contract as it went up and down the hills.

Imagine watching from the back of the train as the front begins down the hill and begins to stretch like a slinky would, then the back begins to catch up, closing the gaps. Imagine the pulsing acceleration and deceleration as the front and back push and pull each other around the track. Seems like this would be a natural feature of a Slinky coaster.

I just watched the animation video and was so disappointed that it does not appear that the ride will actually be a Slinky.

Anyone else find this to be less than "Walt" quality Imagineering?
Uh, no. I never expected that and can't even imagine that would work. I do not feel it is less than Walt quality by any means. I think what they've done with all the lands would have exceeded anything he expected, by far. They are very immersive

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but one of the tracks at TSMM is already closed for the rework of the entrance. It's back to 2 tracks for now. It's been said to expect some total outage as they need to in order to fully get the new entrance done. Hopefully very brief

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but one of the tracks at TSMM is already closed for the rework of the entrance. It's back to 2 tracks for now. It's been said to expect some total outage as they need to in order to fully get the new entrance done. Hopefully very brief

I've heard about the total close and that has me wondering if it will be open at all for our trip in mid-May. If the rumored opening of Memorial Day is correct, I'm thinking we may be out of luck for TSMM.

I've heard about the total close and that has me wondering if it will be open at all for our trip in mid-May. If the rumored opening of Memorial Day is correct, I'm thinking we may be out of luck for TSMM.
Actually, that should be a good chance it's all working. They were running soft openings of Pandora by then (which opened that same weekend). If that's when they plan to open TSL I'd expect it will be all finished but for fine touches by 2 weeks out

Actually, that should be a good chance it's all working. They were running soft openings of Pandora by then (which opened that same weekend). If that's when they plan to open TSL I'd expect it will be all finished but for fine touches by 2 weeks out

I hope you are right, that would be awesome! But, weren't the soft openings of Pandora for APs and DVC only? We were there last year when they were doing those, had dinner at Tiffins and watched as people were going in. The CM did allow us to take a peak from the gate, but we couldn't make out much.

Uh, no. I never expected that and can't even imagine that would work. I do not feel it is less than Walt quality by any means. I think what they've done with all the lands would have exceeded anything he expected, by far. They are very immersive

I agree. I think the "slinky" feature are the twist and turns etc. on the coaster. There's a short night video of the ride being tested and it looks great. But it is a family coaster.

I hope you are right, that would be awesome! But, weren't the soft openings of Pandora for APs and DVC only? We were there last year when they were doing those, had dinner at Tiffins and watched as people were going in. The CM did allow us to take a peak from the gate, but we couldn't make out much.
Yes, soft openings for Pandora were by invitation only and sent out to AP and DVC

I upgraded to Gold partly in case they decide to open in June or July. Most are saying Memorial Day, but I saw one site suggesting June because they "wouldn't" open during the same time they are running the Florida Resident Discover Disney promotion (which ends June 24). As long as it opens by August, I'll be happy. I'm planning an onsite stay around my birthday and am hoping the 60+ window will let me get FPs. This is a big part of why I'm not happy with Club Level being able to buy a 90 day window now.

They're moving the entrance to TSM around to the back of the building so that it is inside Toy Story Land. Subsequently they'll close off Pixar Place and it will become a backstage area.

Is the new entrance across from Joffrey's between the current entrances to WD Presents and TSMM ???

Well that makes sense I suppose, it just never dawned on me that they would get RID of a Star Wars ride with how much of a draw star wars is. I'll adapt to change, but it'll be a bit of a bummer as that was the very first ride my kids every rode at DW, and they try to make it either their first or last (or both) ride every trip.

Star Tours is the only ride (along with a couple shows) that I remember from when I was a kid that are still there ( RIP BLT and GMR :( ). I am hoping, but not optimistic that they will find a way (maybe use the current backstage paths behind the Muppets area) to keep it.

Star Tours is the only ride (along with a couple shows) that I remember from when I was a kid that are still there ( RIP BLT and GMR :( ). I am hoping, but not optimistic that they will find a way (maybe use the current backstage paths behind the Muppets area) to keep it.

I'll have to make sure I ride Star Tours this trip. I missed it last couple trips for some reason...

Watched leaked video of Slinky Dog coaster... it lools very slow. Is this really find to be a slower "kiddie" coaster, or was the test run filmed slow because it was a test? I don't know enough about coasters to know of the speeds are adjustable like that?

Or maybe the video was deceiving and only LOOKED slow?

Watched leaked video of Slinky Dog coaster... it lools very slow. Is this really find to be a slower "kiddie" coaster, or was the test run filmed slow because it was a test? I don't know enough about coasters to know of the speeds are adjustable like that?

Or maybe the video was deceiving and only LOOKED slow?
I thought the same thing. Seems more on par with Barnstormer rather than 7DMT. Hope I’m wrong...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!