Toy Hauler Rant

Teamubr, we have an RV show nearest me in three weeks (weekend of Sat Feb 24). I've been toying with going (haven't been in a decade to one).

Oh JUST to look, mind you ... :rolleyes1

But I'm leaning away from going.

I would have to do the whole trailer-plus-truck upgrade. Not in the financial cards :sad2: ...

Teamubr, we have an RV show nearest me in three weeks (weekend of Sat Feb 24).
I just go to wander around and see what's out. The last 2 years I come to the conclusion that I don't like anything better than what I have. I have been toying with trading the truck and camper on a MH, but what I want isn't realistic with what I'll be trading, so I'll just keep what I have.

I did find some nice places to go camping and floating. I used to canoe a lot with my brother. Missouri has some pretty nice spring fed floating rivers. Ian has never been and we keep saying we will do that. Maybe this will be the year.

j

Teamubr, we have an RV show nearest me in three weeks (weekend of Sat Feb 24). I've been toying with going (haven't been in a decade to one).

Oh JUST to look, mind you ... :rolleyes1

But I'm leaning away from going.

I would have to do the whole trailer-plus-truck upgrade. Not in the financial cards :sad2: ...

Really!?
Was looking to go to one. Where this show gonna be located?

Edit:
I believe I found it. The Birmingham Super RV Show.

Last edited:
Is yours the 324CG with the side garage? If so, that was my favorite, but our golf cart won't fit unless we take the back seat off :(.
Yes, that is the one we have. We originally bought it for our motorcycle, so when we were looking for a golf cart we got a smaller one to be sure it fits! Love this camper!

Here I am... better late than never

We have a Voltage 3990 it' 44 foot and some change, honesty it has alot of storage but it doesn't... I mean it has a 12 ft garage but like for example I like to carry a 4ft ladder with us, and in my old camper it fit just right in the very front compartment under the nose, this one has the generator in that spot so the ladder doesn't have a spot anymore, it ended up in the garage, along with a couple of other items. The pantry isn't as big as my last camper either so we had to do some adapting to where we can store stuff. The basement storage is smaller too so I've tried to do some stuff to help like I have two of the tubes you mount underneath to store sewer hoses in.

We are, hopefully, closing on the 2019 Forest River XLR Nitro 36VL5 later this week. We have a side-by-side UTV, and love to “ranger ride” in Wyoming and Northern Wisconsin. We also have a local campground that we camp, and miles and miles of UTV/ATV trails locally. It was not possible to haul our Sanibel and our toy with us. We need the 12 foot garage. We always rented when traveling. This year we hope to go remote to the National Campground in the Big Horn Mountains. We lose the mom and pop feel, but have a king bed, and a nice layout of the bathroom. Some cupboards are too high, but a simple ladder will help. Plus, or not plus (depends!) our grandkids can go with us just camping. Wish us luck!!!

Congrats Barb.

Will you have it by the Thomason DIS Meet?

j
We are picking this up on Thursday. Transferring from our Sanibel to the toy hauler and going away for a few days. Finished 1st crop hay (silage bags) so we have some time for a quick weekend. All the way to our own campground!! The new toy will fit just fine in Thomson. I suspect Thomson will be open by early June. The river is dropping fast.

We have a 44’ Cyclone with no storage space to talk about. We are full timers now & the garage area is DH den. We still can put the golf cart in when we travel which is one to 2 times a month. I agree with titay2005, just not enough storage space for what they cost. We need to cook & eat sometimes.

Some I looked at had the queen that dropped down, plus a queen at the front AND the couches folded down.
I didn't even think to look at storage, I was looking at beds for 6 of us to sleep in. Hmm.
We really just thought it would be nice to be able to load 6 bikes up quickly, but we also have a Suburban and can't get a heavy TH just to bring bikes along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!