• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

towing bliss

Whosemom

DIS Veteran
We talked about this earlier...sway control with surge breaks, anyone remember? Anyway, just in case anyone else was wondering, the brand of hitch that has it is Equal-i-zer. It made an amazing difference.

Heading off on our journey to Cedar Point, Niagra Falls, Six Flags and Kings Island, my DH said "cancel the Disney trip". Halfway through the trip, through continuing research, we came up with this info, found a dealer/installer, and he changed his tune to "lets go to Disney now":D

When we recently purchased our travel trailer- we got the equalizer installed and it tows like a dream! In fact I have to drive in front of my husband to make him drive atleast the speed limit and not above it. LOL I think he forgets it's even back there- a little. :)

LOL, I had the same problem...I kept saying, you know, you ARE still towing a trailer, and MIGHT want a little more stopping space. Our milage went from 15.5 mpg to 12 mpg, if thats any indication:crazy:

We never used equalizers or tow stabilizers with our old 1980 jayco, but it was only 20 feet so we never really had a problem. However when we jumped up to our big boy 31' Wilderness, we got all of that stuff!! We can even tell a big difference when we use different settings.

However we only get 6 miles per gallon when towing...that's right 6 (six) oh well. My DH teases me and says all of the time, "Yeah we save soooooo much money by camping.( That was one of my barganing points for buying a camper.) And of course we cook when camping, so that is cheaper than restaurants, but we don't eat out all of the time and when we camp we definately " treat" ourselves with lots of steak and tuna and other "good" meats. Still I wouldn't trade camping for the world!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter