TouringPlans ADR finder

jeanico2000

DIS Veteran
I am not saying that this isn't an awesome tool, but no matter how fast I react, it's never fast enough to nail the ADR I want! *sigh* :sad2: any tips?

I had to reschedule our trip because of Irma and was able to get every reservation I wanted through the Disboards reservation thread and touring plans finder. I got an Ohana dinner about 15 minutes after the text from touring plans - don't give up!

There is no secret. As you said, it is a tool that alerts you to an available ADR. Unfortuantely, it probably also lets many others know about the same opening. I've gotten many more ADRs than I've missed with the app. I've certainly gotten ADRs that without it, I probably would not have found (at least without a lot of luck).

Yep, it's just luck. There's no trick. Only tip I have is having your phone nearby.
I managed to snag a Tratorria breakfast just 2 days ago using it but I missed on several others so I do feel your pain.

The only thing I can say is be ready on your MDE. When I follow the text link it sometimes errors out right away.

I recently got a RoL breakfast package at Tusker and Tratorria breakfast so it does definitely work!

Yes, once a thing like this is published on a message board the popularity increases and adds competition. I'm torn, selfishly as a long time subscriber to TP, I would like to see it offered to members only, but I'm glad for my fellow Dis'ers when their reservation comes through and happy for the increased traffic directed to Len.

As someone on Disneyland time, I am not looking forward to my early morning wake up next week to book Fastpasses... but when it is late in the Disney World time zone, I think I have an advantage in actually snagging those openings.

OK, this ADR finder should come with a 'may lose your mind' disclaimer... I have now received 4 alerts on different days and times for BOG openings on December 6th, and all 4 times I've responded immediately with no luck whatsoever. By the time I get to the booking page on the provided link, it is no longer available. Talk about an exercise in futility and frustration... Aarrgghh!!!

Use the cancellation thread of this board. I scored a BOG dinner 2 weeks out from my trip once using this method.

@jeanico2000 Truthfully? Just keep checking yourself.

The Touring Plans ADR finder gave me nothing but frustration. It sends you and every other person who signed up for a similar request an Email, and then you're all competing against each other.

Also subscribe to the Dining Cancellation thread here on the Dis for the month of your trip.

Be flexible and try your hardest within 2 weeks of your trip. A lot of people hoard them and wait till almost the last day to cancel.

Good luck!

I am a absolute fan of reservation finder. Just got a text this morning for my Ohana search. I only put the search in about a week ago. Reservation for 8 at 7 PM on Saturday March 3rd. Went right on to the Disney site and I have my 6:55 PM reservation. I could not even book this right at 180 days but figured I would give it a try.

I have had luck with this before, but a party of 8 on a Saturday night I figured would be impossible.

I am not saying that this isn't an awesome tool, but no matter how fast I react, it's never fast enough to nail the ADR I want!

1) You need to appreciate the logistics.
... Let's assume you are looking for CRT.
... So are probable a lot of pother folks.
... Everyone gets the same notification.
... The one with the fastest draw gets the opening.
2) And, this assumes there is no one on the usual reservation phone or on-line who just happens to be there at the right time.
3) Some folks get lucky using the service, others just get frustrated.

I have had very little luck with Touring Plans. I have had much better luck with randomly checking. I think that Touring Plans will continue to be of less value as restaurants get even more strained by excess demand. Let's say you asked for BOG dinner on a Thursday in December. How many other requests do you think they have for that? My guess is quite a few. Plus - you are competing with people who are just looking on the app and the website. It's always better to put in a request, but I don't think it is the shiny unicorn it is sometimes made out to be on the boards.

I split my search - I use the ADR Finder and also search randomly. Already, for our January trip, the Finder has gotten me BoG on the day I needed, and pushed my Rose & Crown time to a better slot. On past trips, it's been key to getting everything I want, when I want.

But the BEST chance of getting what you want is to wait. I have found 45-50 days out is a prime opportunity due to cancellations. The next opportunity comes at the last minute, as people juggle day-to-day for weather, illness, exhaustion. The ADR Finder can be great for those openings, since you're not likely to keep up with planning while you're actually on vacation!

Finally, if you're getting notifications only by email, switch to text. Then use the MDE app to navigate to the reservation page. Practice the navigation too - it used to be a lot easier. I wouldn't click a link in an email if it takes so long to get to the right page.

Just depends how many others are watching for the same. I've had some that I didn't get to until and hour later that were still there, and I've had my phone in my hand when it came in and still missed it. Just remember to keep restarting it if you miss one. You will get it- especially the closer you get. Doesn't hurt to keep checking yourself either since TP only scans every so often.

I actually picked up BOG for dinner for 9 people using the tool (after waiting 6 weeks), but I pounced as soon as I got the text.

Hopefully one is using the TP ADR finder with the expectation that it's going to find exactly what you ask for
Nor thinking theirs is the only one being searched for the time and location

It is going to search for you and alert you if they find something. You and however many others are looking.
So yeah, you may not get the one it notified you about
And yeah, the TP finder would best be used as an additional option to you looking yourself, if it's something you really want

I had very good luck with it. It found everything I was looking for and I could get them (I didn't take them all). But, I also say check the cancellation threads. I had a great BOG lunch I was cancelling, but no one seemed to want it so I just let it go. I had posted as being willing to coordinate with someone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!