Toothsome Chocolate Emporium advice

Thanks again for the replies! We're really excited to try it! Neat theme, menu that sounds good, and reasonable prices. Glad it sounds like we should be able to get in with a reasonable wait with priority seating.

This is my kind of plan! thanks!!!!!!!!
You’re welcome! If you can get a seat on the left side of the bar you’ll have a great view of City Walk. If you like an Old Fashioned they have a great selection. And the too chocolate stout is worth a try.

A few of the “characters” came through the bar as we were sitting there. My daughter really enjoyed that. An unforgettable evening.

I really enjoyed Toothsome when we went.

The chocolate bread was really good:
upload_2018-3-13_16-53-59.png

I had a great chocolate beer and my husband had his kind of beer (which is not darker beer lol):
upload_2018-3-13_16-53-38.png

We opted for lighter fare given what we ate before and the chocolate bread so my husband had a salad though it was a good sized one:
upload_2018-3-13_16-52-22.png

I had a flatbread pizza:
upload_2018-3-13_16-52-53.png

I liked the theming too and attention to staying in theme:
upload_2018-3-13_16-55-0.png

I really enjoyed Toothsome when we went.

The chocolate bread was really good:
View attachment 308808

I had a great chocolate beer and my husband had his kind of beer (which is not darker beer lol):
View attachment 308807

We opted for lighter fare given what we ate before and the chocolate bread so my husband had a salad though it was a good sized one:
View attachment 308805

I had a flatbread pizza:
View attachment 308806

I liked the theming too and attention to staying in theme:
View attachment 308809

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Looks like a lot of fun!

What does priority seating mean? We will stay onsite and have a preferred pass. What will that mean for our visit to Toothsome?

Last year we walked in and it was SUPER busy. We were to hungry to wait so we went to Hard Rock (I didnt like eating there, to much noise lol...sound like an old man here...).

Here's how priority seating works: If it's a long wait, let them know you are staying onsite (RP, HRH, or Portifino) and ask for Priority seating. You will have to show your hotel room key card. Then you go to the top or near top of the stand-by list. Most places allow priority seating. Think of it as Express Pass for restaurants ;)

Last time we went, Hard Rock Cafe said 45 min wait (we went as parks were closing :/ ) Asked about priority seating & showed our room key, we were seated in 10 mins or less.

Here's how priority seating works: If it's a long wait, let them know you are staying onsite (RP, HRH, or Portifino) and ask for Priority seating. You will have to show your hotel room key card. Then you go to the top or near top of the stand-by list. Most places allow priority seating. Think of it as Express Pass for restaurants ;)

Last time we went, Hard Rock Cafe said 45 min wait (we went as parks were closing :/ ) Asked about priority seating & showed our room key, we were seated in 10 mins or less.

Thank u so much. Love it

You’re welcome! If you can get a seat on the left side of the bar you’ll have a great view of City Walk. If you like an Old Fashioned they have a great selection. And the too chocolate stout is worth a try.

A few of the “characters” came through the bar as we were sitting there. My daughter really enjoyed that. An unforgettable evening.

Do they have bar tables or just seating at the bar?

What does priority seating mean? We will stay onsite and have a preferred pass. What will that mean for our visit to Toothsome?

Last year we walked in and it was SUPER busy. We were to hungry to wait so we went to Hard Rock (I didnt like eating there, to much noise lol...sound like an old man here...).
If you told them you were staying at Hard Rock, Portofino Bay or Royal Caribbean you get put at the top of the waiting list.

We went to Toothsome while we were there in early March. We were staying at HRH so I asked about priority seating. I was told they didn't do that but when I inquired again of someone else, they said they did, so there seems to be some confusion going on.

We enjoyed our meal- tasty! Looking forward to going again next week. We didn't have milkshakes though, just ate an appetizer and shared a dessert.

I've eaten there twice, with two groups of people and the consensus from everybody was that the food was AWFUL. Everything we had, awful. We come from a place where great food is everywhere so maybe our standards are a bit higher, but I wouldn't waste time waiting for dinner or lunch.

However, the shakes and deserts there are unreal. We make it a point to bypass food now and stick with deserts one night as you can order these from the front counter without having to get a table.

This restaurant gets the most mixed reviews! I was nervous to try it when we were last there because I really didn't think I would like it but lo and behold, our food was quite good, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was thinking of going again next weekend but now I am wondering if we just got lucky!

We went in right at opening, and just had milkshakes. We just sat in the milkshake shop, not a dining room table, and we were the only people in that space for at least 30 minutes. When we had tried to go in for dinner the night before, there was a 90 minute wait, and we were at the Portofino, so we passed and went to Cowfish.

I should mention, WE LOVE COWFISH!!!

We went in right at opening, and just had milkshakes. We just sat in the milkshake shop, not a dining room table, and we were the only people in that space for at least 30 minutes. When we had tried to go in for dinner the night before, there was a 90 minute wait, and we were at the Portofino, so we passed and went to Cowfish.

I should mention, WE LOVE COWFISH!!!

Yeah, I don't think waiting for 90 minutes with kiddos is happening anywhere! We ate at Cowfish a few years ago and enjoyed it. Toothsome seems like such a neat atmosphere though!

We’ve eaten at Toothsome’s twice (both visits were during lunch when we had little or no wait), and have enjoyed both meals.

I'm a HUGE Toothsome fan and eat there at least once (if not twice) each trip. One trick that we've tried is eating a late lunch there as we are heading back to the room for a mid-day break. Then we can take our left-overs with us, which make a great meal or snack later (we stay in the suites at Cabana Bay so we have access to a microwave). For dinner, we usually leave the parks about an hour or so before park closing. If there's a long wait, we put our names on the list and putter around City Walk until we get our table ready text.

We ate there in December and I was disappointed. I had the gnocchi. It had a nice flavor but was served lukewarm. We tried the chocolate bread and none of us liked it. It was served cold and was very dry. It might have been better if it was served warm? I can't remember what the rest of my family ordered but none of us loved our food and I do remember that my 10 year old's pasta dish from the children's menu was a very small portion. She's a tiny thing and doesn't eat a ton but even she thought the serving size was too small. Anyway, the next time we are at UO, we will skip Toothsome. I wish we had chosen NBC or Cowfish instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts