Toothsome Chocolate Emporium advice

magickingdomprincess

DIS Veteran
We're planning a trip to UO and WDW in June, and I have a question on dining. I think we'd like to try the The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, but the night that works best is a Sat. in the middle of June. We're planning on staying onsite at UO, how difficult will it be to get in there to eat? Is it pretty popular? According to the OI, no reservations are accepted, but "Preferred and premier on-site guests do receive priority seating." What does that really mean? Any advice would be appreciated! :goodvibes

All onsite Resort guests get priority seating at Toothesome.

Preferred and Premier is referring to the Preferred and Premier Anuual passes, as far as I know there is no priority seating with those unless you are staying onsite.

You are correct no ressies are taken.

It is popular and you will be there during peak season and on a weekend. So maybe an early lunch or dinner might help with the wait if possible.

I agree that getting there for an early dinner (or lunch) will help greatly.

Yes- I'd do lunch if possible. It's right between both parks so it's easy to be at the parks and leave and go to Toothsome for lunch. Otherwise, show up at least an hour before you want to eat to check in.

When you go to the counter for a table let them know you are onsite guests.

You go to the top of the wait list for the restaurant..........this has taken waits down for us from 90 minutes to around 10. It’s a good perk for onsite guests at times. You get the next available table for your party size.

Toothsome is still pretty popular........but if you have priority seating the wait shouldn’t be too bad if you did go at peak times.

I agree that getting there for an early dinner (or lunch) will help greatly.

:thumbsup2 When we were there last summer we went on off times a bit and it also helped. We were there for dinner about 5:00-5:15 and we were seated pretty quickly. We have also done lunch. We were there about 11:30 and that was a good time also. One night we went just for shakes about 8:30 at the take out window and we had a 45 minute wait.

We love this place and will be going back in June also.

Thanks for the replies! That makes me feel better that we'll get priority seating. And thanks for the explanation of what that means. We'll probably play it by ear whether we go for lunch or dinner. That's definitely a perk of being at Universal, not having to make that decision 180 days in advance :rotfl:

Any feedback or recommendations on the food? The reviews I've seen seem pretty positive.

Hi my DD had the shrimp and crab mac and cheese and loved it. It was a bit on the spicy side. My DH DD's BF and myself got the Gnocci in a mole sauce. It was delicious. We got the coffee and chocolate stout wings, the warm chocolate almond bread was my favorite and the truffle fries. On our second visit we skipped appetizers to much food. My DD got the mac and cheese again. The three of us all got a different burger. They were really good but really big. Everything we had was awesome. We had great service the first night but it was a little earlier and less crowded. The second time was a little more crowded so we had to wait for our food a little bit. Overall it was a great place and we will go there twice again this year.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies! That makes me feel better that we'll get priority seating. And thanks for the explanation of what that means. We'll probably play it by ear whether we go for lunch or dinner. That's definitely a perk of being at Universal, not having to make that decision 180 days in advance :rotfl:

Any feedback or recommendations on the food? The reviews I've seen seem pretty positive.

It does seem to get mixed reviews form what I’ve seen.........It’s a hit and a miss for us........we are not in a rush to go back, but may try the milkshake this time......between us as they’re huge!

My husband enjoyed his burger, but my food was sloppy and greasy.

My niece was there in January and they sent both adult meals back and the wrong food came back..........they left and went to NBC where they had a fabulous meal!

Yes, the priority seating is a good perk of onsite.........the only place we ever make a reservation for is The Palm at HRH as it gets really busy and is somewhere we always want to eat.......other than that we wing it........

I second the Chocolate Almond bread!!!! (with extra butter sauce)!!! :yay:
Also...on your last day-If you have the time-run by and tell them you'd like to place an order to go to take home with you....(you can thank me later!) :rainbow:

I had the quiche with French onion soup and it was delicious. My milkshake was cool looking but really didn’t taste spectacular. Next time I’m going to try one of the sundaes or the desserts not just a milkshake.

We were at Universal over Presidents’ Day weekend and had lunch at Toothsome on that Saturday. We walked in with no wait. We enjoyed it very much. My son had a “Blue Plate” burger = 1/2 pound burger, grilled meatloaf, cheese, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on a brioche bun. Outrageous! My niece had a brownie milkshake and we all shared various sundaes for dessert. Everything was quite good.

:thumbsup2 When we were there last summer we went on off times a bit and it also helped. We were there for dinner about 5:00-5:15 and we were seated pretty quickly. We have also done lunch. We were there about 11:30 and that was a good time also. One night we went just for shakes about 8:30 at the take out window and we had a 45 minute wait.

We love this place and will be going back in June also.

If we have to wait a long time, are we outside? In a shaded area? I can't take Florida heat! LOL

If we have to wait a long time, are we outside? In a shaded area? I can't take Florida heat! LOL

Hi Soniam is right about the tight busy candy shop area. Most of my wait was in the line indoors going through the ropes. After I placed my order there are bar stools at a counter where you can wait if you want to. It gets crowded there also.

What does priority seating mean? We will stay onsite and have a preferred pass. What will that mean for our visit to Toothsome?

Last year we walked in and it was SUPER busy. We were to hungry to wait so we went to Hard Rock (I didnt like eating there, to much noise lol...sound like an old man here...).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter