Tokyo Disney Resort - Official Disney Fans Meet in 2012

This is a great idea! Such a unique Disney experience indeed! I'll see what I can do about coming, and join the FB group for more information :)

that's funny...I am planning a trip for me and my DD in April of 2012. I want to see the cherry blossoms. :)

Read your 07 TDS TR. Loved the pictures. You should ask the moderators to move it over to this board now that it exists.:goodvibes

Hi Everyone, it's just over a year until the meet!

I haven't finalized the dates yet...I've never planned a meet like this before, so it's a bit of a challenge.

I hope to contact Tokyo Disneyland to see if there's any issues with having large groups of people going on attractions :)

I belive we'll set up 3 days to tour the parks and maybe 2 days to tour Tokyo together (Tokyo is like a version of Tomorrowland!)...in early April

Greetings! I've wanted to go to Tokyo for quite some time. I'll admit the language barrier has always been a scary thing for me but then here's a girl who's only trip out of the US was a week in Niagara Falls for my brother-in-law's wedding. I hardly think that counts. LOL!

Here's a problem: I don't do FB. Is there any other way to access the meet info? I'm very interested in trying to save to participate, at the very least I'd like to think the hubby & I could swing it. Going with a group of seasoned Tokyo visitors might be just the thing I need to feel a little less overwhelmed! :D

Very cool idea! ChrisFL, you're awesome to take this on. Whether I make it or not, I'm totally diggin' the idea! Brilliant!

:thumbsup2

Greetings! I've wanted to go to Tokyo for quite some time. I'll admit the language barrier has always been a scary thing for me but then here's a girl who's only trip out of the US was a week in Niagara Falls for my brother-in-law's wedding. I hardly think that counts. LOL!

Here's a problem: I don't do FB. Is there any other way to access the meet info? I'm very interested in trying to save to participate, at the very least I'd like to think the hubby & I could swing it. Going with a group of seasoned Tokyo visitors might be just the thing I need to feel a little less overwhelmed! :D

Very cool idea! ChrisFL, you're awesome to take this on. Whether I make it or not, I'm totally diggin' the idea! Brilliant!

:thumbsup2

Hello,

I will be posting updates on here as well, it was just easier to get an estimated count of people interested on FB, but I know some people don't use it.

I hope you can make it! :)

Hello,

I will be posting updates on here as well, it was just easier to get an estimated count of people interested on FB, but I know some people don't use it.

I hope you can make it! :)

I'm going to keep this on my radar as well. We're going to be living in Shanghai starting this fall and if the meet is in April i'll "only" be 2.5 hours away via plane. Definitely am planning on going to Tokyo or HongKong Disney while i'm in that hemisphere!

Hi everyone, as we all know, the past 2-3 days has been very troubling.

For now, the plans are still on for the trip, but who knows what other things may happen in the next days, weeks and months ahead.

I would also expect that people may choose to change their plans based on what has happened, and I do understand if that is the case.

Meanwhile, lets do whatever we can to help the survivors and keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.

I just put in a request to join the group.
I'm trying to plan a trip for either November this year or April/May next year.

I likely wouldn't want to tour with the group the entire time, but it would be fun to at least meet up.

Added you.

Since things are starting to get back to normal there, I will be starting to plan more information for the trip, exact dates, etc.

Since Facebook has changed their groups, I have moved the information to a new FB group. Information is also going to be posted here.

Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_133063670107893&ap=1

OFFICIAL DATES: April 9th through April 16th, 2012

Tentative Schedule:

Monday April 9th, Arrive in Tokyo- Possible meet for Dinner and planning for the comnig week

Tuesday April 10th, Tokyo Fun Day - Exploring the City and getting used to the culture, transportation, etc. (Hopefully with some locals I know who can help out)

Wednesday April 11th, Tokyo Disney Resort- Day 1 - Tokyo DisneySea - Not saving the best for last, a whirlwind tour of the park and attractions.

Thursday April 12th, Tokyo Disney Resort - Day 2 - Tokyo Disneyland - Park Tour

Friday April 13th, Tokyo Disney Resort - Day 3 - Tokyo DisneySea/Disneyland split.

Saturday April 14th, Tokyo Fun Day 2 - Doing some more fun and interesting activites through the city, Odaiba? Akihabara? Shibuya?

Sunday April 15th, Tokyo Fun Day 3 - Visiting other parts of Tokyo, Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, Zozoji Temple

Monday April 16th, Departure

Thanks for the update Chris. I have started pricing flights and hotels, going to be expensive, but I want to go soooooo bad. Got to do this somehow.:goodvibes

I so wanna be in! I'm going back to TDR in April 2012, and I'm excited to find this thread. My date is around the 23rd, tho. I've also added the FB page, chris ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter