Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed here?

If so - how was your stay? Would you recommend anyone to stay here?

Currently planning our Tokyo Disney trip and the cost for the Celebration Hotel is appealing, but location is not. However, the benefit of the Happy 15 & Multi Day Passport Special Ticket is really appealing and staying in a Disney themed room is always nice :). Just looking to get some opinions.

Thank you! :earsboy:

Hi,

I too have these same queries... The other Disney hotels are beyond our budget and as we love to stay in a Disney themed room and enjoy the 15 minute early entry, we're thinking about Disney celebration hotel... Has anyone else stayed here?? What was your personal experience?? Was it easy to use the free shuttle to and from the parks??

We'll be going in mid January, and the crowd levels are predicted to be low...

Would love to hear your inputs...

Thanks

Same here. We have stayed at TDL Hotel, Miracosta and Embassador before. Currently booked for Hilton Tokyo Bay, but curious to know if the TD Celebration hotel is truly worth it, being so far away from the resort and all. Visiting February 12-16 if that helps any with crowd levels and rates?

We just booked our hotel stay here during our July 2018 Tokyo trip.

Last edited:

I stayed at the Celebration hotel. It was okay, but I don't think I'll do it again. It's a good 20-30 minute drive to get to the park. And that was driving our own car, not the shuttle. I also didn't feel there was a good selection of restaurants near the hotel and if i remember correctly they only offer a breakfast buffet that seemed expensive for what you get The interior of the room has the most amazing murals, but it just didn't have the magic like the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel or the Ambassador that I've also stayed at. For the price point, I would consider a non-Disney hotel that is closer to the parks.

I have never stayed there, but I know I never will because of the proximity to the parks. The 15 minutes early entry is not worth it to me if I have to give up a closer location. The good neighbour hotels on the monorail route are so close, and still feels like you are very much in the disney bubble. We like the Hilton or the sheraton, both have great views of the parks or the ocean.

Hi

Stayed here during our first visit to TDR. Initally had booked four nights, but then reduced it to one night and the rest at Hilton. Nothing wrong with the hotel. In fact, it's so pretty and simply Disney. But the only problem was the distance from the parks. The hotels on the monorail loop are more convenient that way.
But, if you stay here make sure to check out the ooedo onsen, just a five min walk from the hotel. A swimsuit onsen perfect for foreigners who want to try the onsen experience..

Hi

Stayed here during our first visit to TDR. Initally had booked four nights, but then reduced it to one night and the rest at Hilton. Nothing wrong with the hotel. In fact, it's so pretty and simply Disney. But the only problem was the distance from the parks. The hotels on the monorail loop are more convenient that way.
But, if you stay here make sure to check out the ooedo onsen, just a five min walk from the hotel. A swimsuit onsen perfect for foreigners who want to try the onsen experience..

What was the experience of switching hotels? I'm wondering if Disney would send the bags to the new resort or if the guest has to take them over.

What was the experience of switching hotels? I'm wondering if Disney would send the bags to the new resort or if the guest has to take them over.

Hi,
I guess if you make the switch to another Disney official hotel... They would handle the bags for you...
In our case, we dropped our bags at the reception centre for Hilton, right near the maihama resort gateway station.. Went to the parks, returned to our room late in the evening and our bags were delivered to the room with no issues

Hi,
I guess if you make the switch to another Disney official hotel... They would handle the bags for you...
In our case, we dropped our bags at the reception centre for Hilton, right near the maihama resort gateway station.. Went to the parks, returned to our room late in the evening and our bags were delivered to the room with no issues

I'm thinking Celebration to the Sheratons it's to an official hotel but not a Disney hotel.

I'm thinking Celebration to the Sheratons it's to an official hotel but not a Disney hotel.

We were able to get bags transferred from the Sheraton Tokyo Bay to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. So - Celebration to Sheraton, I would say probably, but I don't know for sure.

We stayed there 3 weeks ago. We were able to get a bus directly from Narita airport to Celebrations: Discovery.
It is about 15-20 minutes away from the parks, but so is All Star resorts at Disneyworld. They have a bus schedule that lets you know when the bus to the parks will leave. The breakfast was fine, but there didn't seem to be dinner available (we ate at the park). They do have a little convenience store and a little disney store. If you are looking for a value Disney hotel, this very much fit the bill.
Our room had two twin beds and two daybeds that could fold into twin beds so if you have a family it is good as everyone has their own bed. The bathroom is split up: Shower/bath room, toilet room, and sink outside. Also great for a family. Mickey slippers and sleeping kimonos are there as well.

Do use the "15minute" early entry option...it doesn't sound like much, but it allows you to enter through a special line (saving much time) and get a head start for your FPs (old style ticket type)

If you are more worried about $ and don't plan to take advantage of amenities because you are at the park, Celebrations is a fine choice.

Wow, that's great! They didn't offer that in Shanghai and it was a nightmare getting into the park. Didn't want to relive that! :sad2: Thanks!

They actually do offer early admission to the parks for hotel guests in Shanghai, the explanation wasn't very clear when we checked in probably because of the language barrier. The hotel guest entrance is the other entrance near the end of Disney Town. We were in the park about 15-20 minutes before the official opening, probably would have been earlier if we didn't miss the first ferry from the Disneyland Hotel.

They actually do offer early admission to the parks for hotel guests in Shanghai, the explanation wasn't very clear when we checked in probably because of the language barrier. The hotel guest entrance is the other entrance near the end of Disney Town. We were in the park about 15-20 minutes before the official opening, probably would have been earlier if we didn't miss the first ferry from the Disneyland Hotel.

OMG! I cannot believe that. We were in line for over 1 1 /2 hours between the entrance and security. If Shanghai had been my first Disney experience I would never, ever do anything Disney again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!