Toiletry Dispensers Being Installed at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Regardless it's going to save disney money at this point since most people will be bringing their own. I never cared for the shampoo and conditioner to begin with so it's a non issue

For the most part people bring their own as is anyway. I do love the H2O green stuff, but haven't liked a single other shampoo provided by a hotel.

For the most part people bring their own as is anyway. I do love the H2O green stuff, but haven't liked a single other shampoo provided by a hotel.
Not me! I need to save room/weight in my luggage, lol. So I use what’s there. I just pack leave in conditioner and style product.

Not me! I need to save room/weight in my luggage, lol. So I use what’s there. I just pack leave in conditioner and style product.
A good way to combat that if you don't want to use the new types is to bring travel sized and leave them behind when you come home. You can even grab the travel size bottles from a dollar store super cheap and fill them with the stuff from home.

Since I rarely check luggage, my favorite go-around is purchasing the empty 3oz bottles (they are about $1 each) and then refilling them, or simply tossing them once they've been around awhile. This is perfect for things like sunscreen or facial cleanser, which rarely comes small enough to check. This can work for shampoo, shower gel, etc. as well.

Use travel sized containers and fill them from home. That is what I do and it works great, especially if I decide to do carry on only, as they are size compliant.

Yuck. These are a microbe growth factory!!!! Thanks, Disney for adding to the chances I have at getting sick at Disney. I hate bringing my own toiletries. Hope they don't add these to mods.....

Get a ride(town car) to your resort with a food store shop
One person goes to the snack isle and the other person goes to the shampoo isle
buy what you need in 20 minutes or less :)

I don't understand the vocal backlash against these (not so much talking this thread but the Disney community in general). The vast majority of us use public restrooms and use refillable soap dispensers constantly. I don't consider these any worse. Those are used by anyone who walks into a bathroom, these Disney ones are only used by guests in the room before you.

Just think of all the unnecessary waste involved in the individual toiletries most hotel rooms give. You have the packaging itself that goes into a landfill along with the unused portion of the product and these soaps and shampoos getting into ground water isn't good.

This is both a cost win and environmental win. I'm hopeful all hotels everywhere go this route just for the environmental impact alone. I don't see any downside and no, not getting to take toiletries home with you isn't an actual downside.

I don't understand the vocal backlash against these (not so much talking this thread but the Disney community in general). The vast majority of us use public restrooms and use refillable soap dispensers constantly. I don't consider these any worse. Those are used by anyone who walks into a bathroom, these Disney ones are only used by guests in the room before you.

Just think of all the unnecessary waste involved in the individual toiletries most hotel rooms give. You have the packaging itself that goes into a landfill along with the unused portion of the product and these soaps and shampoos getting into ground water isn't good.

This is both a cost win and environmental win. I'm hopeful all hotels everywhere go this route just for the environmental impact alone. I don't see any downside and no, not getting to take toiletries home with you isn't an actual downside.
Yeah, I use hand sanitizer after I wash my hands in public rest room. I’ve noticed many restrooms here have the no touch sanitizer in washrooms by exit door now.
I love the restrooms that now have the no touch soap and towel dispensers.

Last edited:
Frankly I’m happy with less waste so I think this is a positive move.

But I also refuse to buy bottled water due to the amount of waste they create.

Just my .02 :-)
I buy a gallon size for room. To use in coffee machine and for drinking. I can’t stand the taste of Florida water. I figure it’s less waste than the bottles. Hopefully WDW recycles.

A good way to combat that if you don't want to use the new types is to bring travel sized and leave them behind when you come home. You can even grab the travel size bottles from a dollar store super cheap and fill them with the stuff from home.
I may have to start doing that. I’ll have to have a few bottles as we usually stay 2 weeks. I’ll be watching WL thread to see if the dispensers will be installed there.

The microbiologist in me is kicking in. Studies have shown that in "refillable" soap dispensers - these can lead to bacterial contamination in the soap and this can be transferred between users. And this contamination can be transferred to other surfaces. Google search this if you want. Many, but not all, public bathroom dispensers in the US have moved to having soap packs that are replaceable (sealed-soap dispensing systems) - not refillable - and there's a clear movement towards "hands-free" dispensing of soap. Yes - we assume Disney will be putting in new bottles as they are emptied. But I doubt housekeeping is going to be cleaning the pump/dispenser heads on any type of regular basis - so cross-contamination possibilities remain.

I agree - the waste with individual toiletries is not cool. But dealing with bacterial contaminated soap is ALSO not cool. Yes, bacteria exists around us all day long, but without properly cleaning/replacing - dispensers like these can lead to significantly higher bacterial counts than we should expect to deal with. Had they put in touch-free sealed-soap dispensing systems - I'd be more in favor of this - but they aren't doing that.

Are they replacing bar soap with shower gel? I prefer bar soap. Shower gels contain a lot of chemicals and endocrine disruptors, and I hate the slimy feel.

The microbiologist in me is kicking in. Studies have shown that in "refillable" soap dispensers - these can lead to bacterial contamination in the soap and this can be transferred between users. And this contamination can be transferred to other surfaces. Google search this if you want. Many, but not all, public bathroom dispensers in the US have moved to having soap packs that are replaceable (sealed-soap dispensing systems) - not refillable - and there's a clear movement towards "hands-free" dispensing of soap. Yes - we assume Disney will be putting in new bottles as they are emptied. But I doubt housekeeping is going to be cleaning the pump/dispenser heads on any type of regular basis - so cross-contamination possibilities remain.

I agree - the waste with individual toiletries is not cool. But dealing with bacterial contaminated soap is ALSO not cool. Yes, bacteria exists around us all day long, but without properly cleaning/replacing - dispensers like these can lead to significantly higher bacterial counts than we should expect to deal with. Had they put in touch-free sealed-soap dispensing systems - I'd be more in favor of this - but they aren't doing that.

Bacteria are everywhere. There are no studies citing mass infections in people who use public soap dispensers. This is so much ado about nothing.
If people don't like the idea of dispensers that's one thing but to say people are going to get sick from them is way hyperbolic.

Let me ask, do you think it's very likely that the housekeeper who scrubs your toilet was removing her gloves and washing her hands before she grabbed the small toiletry bottles off the cart to put in your room? To turn the lightswitches on and off, to open and shut the door?

To me, this falls under the category of "stuff you can't drive yourself crazy thinking about." Germs are everywhere. Especially at Disney where millions of people from all over the globe visit each year. Just use common sense and keep up with your personal hygiene. If that means you feel like you have to sanitize the entire room before you set foot in it and bring your own toiletries, so be it. But don't insinuate there's going to be some mass contagion breakout from a soap bottle pump.

Bacteria are everywhere. There are no studies citing mass infections in people who use public soap dispensers. This is so much ado about nothing.
If people don't like the idea of dispensers that's one thing but to say people are going to get sick from them is way hyperbolic.

Let me ask, do you think it's very likely that the housekeeper who scrubs your toilet was removing her gloves and washing her hands before she grabbed the small toiletry bottles off the cart to put in your room? To turn the lightswitches on and off, to open and shut the door?

To me, this falls under the category of "stuff you can't drive yourself crazy thinking about." Germs are everywhere. Especially at Disney where millions of people from all over the globe visit each year. Just use common sense and keep up with your personal hygiene. If that means you feel like you have to sanitize the entire room before you set foot in it and bring your own toiletries, so be it. But don't insinuate there's going to be some mass contagion breakout from a soap bottle pump.
Even if there is I could think of worse places besides Disney to be quarantined. Lol

As I'm walking around a place with 20 million plus visitors, a larger than standard percentage of them children, touching everything with their grubby hands the reusable dispenser in my shower is no where near the top of my "things I am afraid to touch" list. YMMV.

As I'm walking around a place with 20 million plus visitors, a larger than standard percentage of them children, touching everything with their grubby hands the reusable dispenser in my shower is no where near the top of my "things I am afraid to touch" list. YMMV.

Lol. So true. All the safety rails/seat belts/restraints on rides, door handles on the inside and outside of bathrooms, silverware dispensers, bulk condiment dispensers, etc etc. Do you honestly think you are the only person to pick up that item in the store while browsing? And the germs on the dollar bills and coins when you get change from a purchase? Enough to drive you crazy. So don't let it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!