Toddlers!

cossie1990

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Sorry to open another can of beans on here but I need some help with my dilemma...

Basically I've been weighing up DLP and can get what (appears) to be a semi decent deal for March time, 4 nights @ sequoia lodge (Golden Forest), flights + Transfers for approx. £1k (2 x adults 1 x 22 month old) Would you vets agree/disagree that this looks like a good deal?

Now my daughter will be 22 months old (basically 2) at this point, I know everyone's opinion is different about this but has anyone else ever taken someone of a similar age? How did it go? Also with regards to sleeping arrangements how did that go? ie come bedtime did you just sit in the room in the dark from 8 o clock onwards?

I'm more accustomed to WDW but that's a way off with price and daughters age!

Thanks in advance.

That price looks pretty decent to me. Especially for a Golden Forest room.. so I wouldn't feel shy in giving it my thumbs up :) I usually try to take advantage of the early Feb deals and low season pricing around that time of year to bring cost down if that is an option for you.

I can't really answer in regards to the little one but if you enjoy reading at all that sounds like a great time to curl up with a kindle or an audio book on headphones or soak in the tub and give the feet a rest. They do have babysitting services and a really nice lounge downstairs with some epic fireplaces to enjoy a drink if that's your thing. I'm not really sure how late the sitting runs but I should think it goes to a decent hour considering the village restaurants are open fairly late. I'm not a parent so I can't really give any opinions on 22 month olds at the park but as someone who has been around them, I really enjoy watching them having a good time so I don't see anything wrong with bringing them to DLP (or any Disney park really). They generally seem well behaved but I don't see behind the scenes. I know I have heard a lot of parents talking up the benefits of mid day nap breaks :) Hopefully some parents will be able to chime in with some actual helpful information lol sorry.

My daughter was 12 months on our first visit and one of our sons was also around 12 months for his first visit. Honestly, bed time goes pretty much out the window when you're at Disneyland. A buggy/pram is essential and you'll find that they'll sleep later than normal and stay awake longer at night because there is so much to see and do. We just kind of went with the flow and if they wanted to nap in the pram we'd just let them. It meant we could stay out after dinner, which was usually later too, and they were so tired they just slept soundly wherever we were. I remember lifting my son from his pram, changing him and transferring him to bed and he never woke, he would have normally.

Afraid it means a few restless nights when you get home and back into a routine, but you're only at Disney for a few nights so make the most of it, t's only for a few nights :goodvibes

I'm taking my 18 month old to DLP next week so I will report back and let you know how it goes.

We're planning to keep her out until she shows signs of being tired and then one of us will head back and the other will stay with our eldest who is 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter