Toddler Lunch Ideas

Am I the only one with an incredibly hungry toddler? My 20 month old can eat entire kid's meals at some restaurants.

Nope. Mine is the same way. At 14 months he is still growing about an inch a month. He is over 34 inches and 30 lbs. and wearing 3t clothing. Plus he is very very active. He often eats more than my 3 year old and I combined. He needs his own meal at restaurants or he shares with his sister who takes 3 bites and he eats the rest of it along with bites off the adults plates. If you watch him eat you would think I starve him, but he eats all day long.

Am I the only one with an incredibly hungry toddler? My 20 month old can eat entire kid's meals at some restaurants. He almost always eats at least 75% of his food. He's a big boy...over 30 lbs. When we went to Disney 2 months ago, I got him his own meals. If I'd let him "share" off of my plate, I'm afraid I would have starved. We did a couple of character meals though, and he was free there.

Moral of the story is that it depends on the kid. We didn't have a whole lot of wasted food with him.

I wish I could get my toddler to eat kids meals. We started ordering them for him a few months back (he's currently around a month shy of 2) because he was taking down half or more of my meal which sometimes left me short. However, he barely touched his kids meals and still insists on eating all of my food. :rolleyes:

you can configure the kids meals without a lot of empty carbs. The last kids meal I had was a Pop Century and I ate turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and apple juice (if I were avoiding carbs, I could have gotten carrots and milk instead of potatoes and juice)

I didn't mean the WDW meals, I meant the Lunchables/Uncrustables stuff that was mentioned. Those are full of empty carbs. I agree that WDW does offer some great choices for feeding kids.

We primarily fed our LO off our plates. It worked well for us since my husband and I tend to order so differently, it gave a good amount of variety. We also brought snacks in with us for throughout the day or if he was being unusually picky. String cheese and unsweetened apple sauce pouches were our go-to.

Am I the only one with an incredibly hungry toddler? My 20 month old can eat entire kid's meals at some restaurants. He almost always eats at least 75% of his food. He's a big boy...over 30 lbs. When we went to Disney 2 months ago, I got him his own meals. If I'd let him "share" off of my plate, I'm afraid I would have starved. We did a couple of character meals though, and he was free there.

Moral of the story is that it depends on the kid. We didn't have a whole lot of wasted food with him.

We definitely run into this at breakfast! No issues having him eat his own meal... breakfast is his biggest meal of the day. :)

We took lots of advantage of the free before three setup. It's the best for character dining!

When I took my then 15 mo old and another trip my then 22 month old they ate like birds. So I brought some zip lock bags or foil to the park with me, with a soft cooler and an ice pack and say my 15 mo old got a kids pizza and she maybe ate half, I would wrap up the other half and she would get leftovers for dinner or lunch the next day.

We went back to our room every day for a mid day break and would put it in the fridge. We'd either heat it up in the room microwave or at captain cooks or they'd eat it cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!