to those who stay offsite--Hampton Inn Maingate East??

Sher

Mouseketeer
I've posted this on the Orlando hotels board, but I was hoping to find someone here who has stayed at this hotel. We are trying to put together a frugal trip so we don't have to cancel for spring break. I'm wondering about how convenient it is to drive into the parks from here. I got a good rate through Expedia and I'm hoping that we are safe to use a well-known chain. All we need is a clean room because we spend every minute in the parks. Has anyone stayed here??

Sherry

Hi, I have not stayed at that Hampton Inn, but have stayed in many. When we drive across country I always look for Hampton Inns to stay in because they are always clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, and they usually offer a free breakfast buffet that is pretty good. Do a search on the boards and you will probably find a review about it. Just curious what was your rate and dates? I will see if I can do better for you.

We stayed there in Nov. '97. The room was very nice. Parkway Blvd. is off of Highway 192, so you don't get all the 192 traffic and noise. However, the hotel backs up to I-4, so there's a bit of highway noise if your room faces the expressway. There's a stoplight at Parkway Blvd., so it's relatively easy to get to and from the parks. Homewood Suites is next door, and the Hyatt Orlando and a Radisson are on the same street, so it's a nice area.

As Sandyneck posted on your other thread, www.hotelkingdom.com has the same hotel for $46.90/night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter