To Russell, Dug, and your helper and photopass photographer on 8/24

ratlenhum

DIS Veteran
You made the greatest magical moment ever for my son. Sadly we were so emotional about it we failed to get Russell and Dug's helper's name or the photographer's name. If we send off a letter to guest relations with the date and time will they bother to figure out who the people are???

My son has been waiting 2 years to meet Russell from UP. Two years ago when we were there he had just been replaced with Lotso at Hollywood Studios. Last year, he didn’t have a meet and greet. Our goal for the day was meet Russell!! It was 10:10am and it was the greatest, most magical moment ever for my son!!! My son has autism, so he really can’t participate in Boy Scouts, so we invented Daddy Scouts. We bought all the sets from Backyard Safari that come with patches and my son earned them all over time. We attached them to a satchel we got last year at Animal Kingdom. He just had to bring it to show Russell. We didn't say anything to the handler or photographer other than we waited 2 years to meet Russell. Russell and Dug looked him up and down, lifted his satchel and checked out every patch and badge, clapping and patting my son on the back. My son got so excited he took it off and tried to put it on Russell to give it to him. He barely got it over Russell's head, with Russell's help!! After admiring it more, Russell took it off and put it back on my son. They hugged and my son's face says it all. He was so thrilled to see Russell and share a moment with him. You know it was quite a moment when the PhotoPass photographer takes 22 pictures while saying "awwww" the entire time! My husband joked that he is only missing the “assisting the elderly” badge and Russell’s handler told us that they do sell the Grape Soda bottle cap at locations that sell pins. We went right over to the first place we saw and bought one.

See here for pictures of the magical meet and greet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter