To bring or not to bring...

Every time we go I ask this question and every time I end up bringing it. I've considered just bringing my iPad but I have serious FOMO with regards to my laptop. I've never regretted bringing it though as it's one of the newer/lighter 13" MBPro so it's pretty easy to carry around and it doesn't take up much space in the hotel!

Im struggling with the same decision, but with our iPads. I have a feeling we will just be using our phones, and dont want the hassle of carting them around. Its just two adults, so no little ones to keep occupied (just a big 32 year old...haha). I brought my laptop a couple of times and didn't end up using it.

I bring it and each night I download pictures from the cameras. I use a laptop lock in the room.

I can say I have taken mine just about every time I have went and I have never used it. Most of the time I don't even take it out of the bag. I finally stopped taking it because I was just never sitting still long enough where I would have time to use it. That being said I am usually a park all day or almost all day girl, if I am not in the park I am in DS or Universal so when i am back in the room it is all I can do to shower and get in bed before I fall asleep.

If you think you will have downtime and think you will regret not having it then take it. If you can get away with your tablet you should do that.

Also I think that preference for a laptop isn't an age thing, I will choose my laptop over any other device any day (I like a keyboard) where as my mom refuses to touch a computer but is all about the ipad

It all depends on what your intentions are... I take my laptop so I can download all my 2.7k and 4k video from my phone and upload it to my external HD. I took over 650GB's of footage this last time... so much so that I filled my laptop and had to buy an external hard drive from amazon! haha...

If it's just for surfing then I wouldn't bother, iPads and cell phones will do that just as well. If its for editing, doing work etc.. then that's different, i didn't really use my laptop for anything other than uploading and organizing media footage. I also took 3 iPads for the plane journey though! lol

I brought mine (a standard 15.6") on my last two trips...and never took it out of my suitcase. I just use my phone for everything.

I wouldn't keep it in the car due to the high temperatures. It killed my ipod several years ago.

If you have a use for it bring it, normal size laptops of about 15.x inch screen size or less usually fit in the safes just fine standing upright...On long trips I bring mine for video/picture dumps as mentioned, plus if it's a really long trip it's much easier to check in / manage my finances/bills on a laptop then it is trying to do it on a phone or tablet.

I'm another person who brings her laptop everywhere. But I also try to squeeze in work whenever I can.
Disney is going to be the exception. Our other trips I've always been able to find some down time but we're planning early mornings and late evenings. Aside from the plane I don't see any reason to use it (and who knows if I'll even be able to bring it onboard by then). I can upload photos from my phone and answer the (hopefully) few emails during the week.

...my laptop. Should I bother to take it along on my 9-day trip? Should I risk it if it doesn't fit in the resort safes? Do you bring yours along, and if so why? Or am I just showing my age for still preferring it over a tablet?
If you are staying onsite a laptop will not fit in the in room safe. They are very small.

I always bring mine because I end up working during naptime or after kids go to bed at least some of the time.

We drive so both DH and I bring laptops. I use my phone more (on the drive and in the parks). My DH is not as into the parks as I am so he'll be browsing or watching stuff on his laptop at the hotel while I'm at the parks - same thing he'd be doing at home.

You could get locking luggage and store it there if you think it won't fit in the safe. Or just use zip ties on your current luggage to keep it from getting stolen

I always bring my laptop. 5 times as fast for typing, registering for things. Also bring the iPad and phone. I never put it in a safe. I put it in a drawer under clothes. But there have been a few times in hotels I've left my laptop out by mistake. Never been touched. Cleaners want to keep their jobs. And most are hardworking and honest.

If you want it just as a photo backup, they make SD card readers that plug directly into phones (i have one for Samsung). Just get an SD or microSD and you have tons of backup space with very little physical bag space.

What are you using it for? How often will you use it? My family does Disney in such a way that from 10am-12pm we are out of the room in the parks. The rest of the time we are sleeping, so there wouldn't be time for web surfing. I know some people use laptops for work, but I doubt that's what you're asking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!