Did you visit the Bund/Y. Garden and thought either was worthwhile? I think my hostel is near the Bund and I'd be walking. Not sure what else I'm doing in Shanghai yet.

It's impossible to say what would be worth it to someone else, but we enjoyed seeing The Bund both in the day and at night. If you are within walking distance, it wouldn't hurt to go check it out.

We walked there the night we arrived. It was late and we had an early morning the next day to get to Disney, but we still felt it was worth the walk. We probably spent 15 - 20 minutes there.

The morning we were leaving Shanghai, we went back to The Bund to see it in the light.

We actually skipped a Yuyuan Gardens tour to go to SDL, so I can't answer that one ;)

Are the crowds just completely unmanageable? My sister and I are going to be there May 2, 3. She just informed me she found it is a holiday but we can't change (she is volunteering in China with medically fragile orphans and this is the the she has off). I'm trying to brace myself. Pretty much forget doing the headliners if you don't have the Premier Access? Not sure I can talk my sister into spending that much.

I will be there 4/26-4/29, before the Chinese Labor Day you're referring to. What I've read is that Labor Day wknd isn't nearly as bad as the other holidays (such as Chinese New Years) because many workers only get Labor Day off instead of a few days like it used to be. However, the crowds have been high compared to even end of March and I think the larger concern with that wknd could be the opening of Toy Story Land on 4/26. I had changed my original reservation at Novotel to Toy Story Hotel (around $250 more I think), partially because you get guaranteed park entry. I'm planning on rope dropping 2 days, expecting to only get 1 FP in the am, and trying to have a game plan for sequence of attractions, and last ride during fireworks. Some of the u tube videos kind of gave me an idea of which attractions I could skip and prioritize. I will skip some of the shows. If you can't do the PA, these are some of the things you can do to save time.

The 'coin' lockers were the same as the 'key' lockers. You put your stuff in the locker then inserted a coin. The coin released the key. When you returned, you put in the key and turned it; it would open the locker and return your coin. Those lockers were around the perimiter of the locker area.

Oh yes, my bad! That's right - it was "coin" and key or keypad / code.

It was a madhouse, so I can see why they're trying to come up with other options.

Where there certain must have merchandise at the park/disneytown stores? Did you visit the Bund/Y. Garden and thought either was worthwhile? I think my hostel is near the Bund and I'd be walking. Not sure what else I'm doing in Shanghai yet.

I don't remember seeing anything amazing in store. I think the most ... interesting thing we got was a box made to look like a large "storybook" in which we now store all of our park maps and other "paper" Disney souvenirs. But, it was a challenge to pack on the way home due to it's size and fragility.

The Bund is nice for a stroll, day and night. It's just a walk by the water, so nothing too amazing. Heading up to one of the observation decks in a skyscraper (e.g. the bottle top opener building) is probably more thrilling / interesting.

The zig zag bridge in Yu Yuan gardens was nice to see, mainly because the crowds were slightly less oppressive in some areas of the gardens. The entire area is nice for a quick stroll, with plenty of little shows selling "stuff" aimed at tourists.

Oh yes, my bad! That's right - it was "coin" and key or keypad / code.

It was a madhouse, so I can see why they're trying to come up with other options.

Totally agree! We rode Tron twice and both times it was crazy. It was hard to figure out what locker the screen gave you. Then we couldn't figure out where to go after we stored our stuff; we ended up going into the gift shop in the wrong direction. Once we figured out which way to go to get in line, the locals didn't know what line was what. They had a security guy checking FP and some still tried to squeeze their way past to get in the FP line. They looked more confused than like they were trying to get away with something.

I will be there 4/26-4/29, before the Chinese Labor Day you're referring to. What I've read is that Labor Day wknd isn't nearly as bad as the other holidays (such as Chinese New Years) because many workers only get Labor Day off instead of a few days like it used to be. However, the crowds have been high compared to even end of March and I think the larger concern with that wknd could be the opening of Toy Story Land on 4/26. I had changed my original reservation at Novotel to Toy Story Hotel (around $250 more I think), partially because you get guaranteed park entry. I'm planning on rope dropping 2 days, expecting to only get 1 FP in the am, and trying to have a game plan for sequence of attractions, and last ride during fireworks. Some of the u tube videos kind of gave me an idea of which attractions I could skip and prioritize. I will skip some of the shows. If you can't do the PA, these are some of the things you can do to save time.

Well at least it is not as big a holiday. I was already a bit worried about the Toy Story land opening. Sounds like a plan will probably be the best course. Thanks!

Are the crowds just completely unmanageable? My sister and I are going to be there May 2, 3. She just informed me she found it is a holiday but we can't change (she is volunteering in China with medically fragile orphans and this is the the she has off). I'm trying to brace myself. Pretty much forget doing the headliners if you don't have the Premier Access? Not sure I can talk my sister into spending that much.

I've been during the week not during an holiday and Soarin reached 3+ hours. However two days are plenty of time, the park could be done just in 1 if not evercrowded. Just try to be there one hour before regular opening so you can be among the first to enter and book immediately your first FP, you may be able to get a second or third.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!