Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

That's a Wrap

And now, to wrap this production, we still have one scene left. It's called.... "The exit." The action begins with you reviewing my final thoughts until we come to a complete stop. Then, you wipe the drool from your mouth and take small children by the hand. When this post ends, you rise dramatically to your feet and make a grand exit to another report. Oh, and one more thing. when I yell "action," don't forget the thunderous applause for your food guide. Okay. Places everybody.

ACTION (Insert thunderous applause here)

Thanks for indulging me, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to pay tribute to Casey's favorite shooting lady (aka Great Movie) ride one last time before I wrap this baby up.
This is one of the best wraps up I have ever read. You are good at this stuff. :)

You really saved a lot of money with your TIW card. You'll just have to drink at pool bars and kiosks that wouldn't have taken the discount in the first place, ;)

We'll be trying the last minute ADR method of dining for our October trip, since we don't really have any ADR's yet. We've found that it is incredibly easy to get last minute ones, so I'm not too worried about it - yet. ;)

May i ask when exactly your next trip is... October 23ish if i am doing my math right....

Awesome wrap up, and as always, awesome report. Loving your new avatar photo BTW! Hope our paths cross someday at DW.

Best Overall Meal
T

Still have yet to try Tiffins, but hopefully sooner rather than later. The food there looks just beautiful.

had a lot to do with that, but those tuna nachos and cream cheese wontons are a thing of beauty. Namaste indeed!

Ahi tuna nachos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a great experience at Y&Y!

couldn't resist another look at this sausage.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That's a mighty good lookin sausage you got there

Best Entrees
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Because, steak!

Best Dessert
The Kilamanjaro from Jiko

This is a thing of beauty.

I'm pretty sure this sad little thimble of sickening sweet grape juice says it all. And yes I still drank it :P

But did you at least get a buzz from it, because that's what's important
:bitelip:

This was as bad as it looked. I think some Alpo may have tasted better

It does look a bit "sliced cat food" to me...

March 2 -6, just over 6 months away, far but not THAT far. Right now trying to confirm which hotel... currently have the beach club booked... but debating changing it.....
Awesome. 6 months is nothing and now you have all that time to debate every choice you make :P

Perhaps we can meet up for a cocktail with Ariane37, since we will all be in WDW at the same time?????
That would be great!

Loved your report! My heart is already breaking for poor little Casey and her shooting lady ride. I'll be patiently waiting for your next report!
Thank you!

This is one of the best wraps up I have ever read. You are good at this stuff. :)
Thanks Sue! I felt a bit of early morning inspiration :-)

You really saved a lot of money with your TIW card. You'll just have to drink at pool bars and kiosks that wouldn't have taken the discount in the first place, ;)
I like the way you think. Only dining at non TiW places for us. :P

We'll be trying the last minute ADR method of dining for our October trip, since we don't really have any ADR's yet. We've found that it is incredibly easy to get last minute ones, so I'm not too worried about it - yet. ;)
Awesome, hope you enjoy! As you know last minute availability is pretty prevalent. It's almost like a game to see what you'll eat on any given day :-)

May i ask when exactly your next trip is... October 23ish if i am doing my math right....
No you may not ask :P We leave November 3rd and come back the 11th. Worked out great as Jason is doing the wine and dine races, Casey had a few days off school, and I get Veterans Day off.

Awesome wrap up, and as always, awesome report. Loving your new avatar photo BTW! Hope our paths cross someday at DW.
Thanks Kelly! I most definitely hope our paths cross too!

Ahi tuna nachos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a great experience at Y&Y!
I can't wait to do it again in November. I'm totally jonesing for some nachos again.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That's a mighty good lookin sausage you got there
Why thank you. I pride myself on the good lookiness of my sausage :-)

But did you at least get a buzz from it, because that's what's important
:bitelip:
Sadly no. I'm not actually sure there was anything besides grape juice was in there!

Awesome. 6 months is nothing and now you have all that time to debate every choice you make :P

Exactly! I am already debating rides, ADRs (I know how you love ADRs)! I think we are pretty set at beach club, even if we almost went contemporary, or wilderness lodge..... or boardwalk or you know any place.

No you may not ask :P We leave November 3rd and come back the 11th. Worked out great as Jason is doing the wine and dine races, Casey had a few days off school, and I get Veterans Day off.

Haha! I was off a week, I almost booked a 3 day trip for oct 23-26 but you know people felt they needed to be responsible and then we didn't book.

Another fantastically funny trip report! That sweet little girl of yours is just too precious! Cant wait for the next report....now to find some food- you always leave me with my belly growling!

Looks like we may be two Magical Expresses passing in the night on the 11th. We land at noon that day.

Always love your reviews and I'm over the moon to see that two of my restaurants I've booked for marathon weekend feature in your highs for the holiday - tiffins and yachtsman. Just made me get about hundred times more excited and hungry!

That's a Wrap

And now, to wrap this production, we still have one scene left. It's called.... "The exit." The action begins with you reviewing my final thoughts until we come to a complete stop. Then, you wipe the drool from your mouth and take small children by the hand. When this post ends, you rise dramatically to your feet and make a grand exit to another report. Oh, and one more thing. when I yell "action," don't forget the thunderous applause for your food guide. Okay. Places everybody.

ACTION (Insert thunderous applause here)

Thanks for indulging me, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to pay tribute to Casey's favorite shooting lady (aka Great Movie) ride one last time before I wrap this baby up. :-)

In case it wasn't obvious from the last 27 pages we had another fun and food and booze filled trip. It was great to have my brother along and hopefully he'll join us again in the future. As always, Animal Kingdom Lodge did not disappoint. I'm often afraid that it feels too far away from everything, but the reality is that is part of the charm. Like my favorite Wilderness Lodge, there is something to being able to escape the insanity of disney and feel like you've traveled to another land. It's truly disney at its best.

Now onto the food.

Best Overall Meal
Tiffins

I know I wax poetic about how good things are often, but Tiffins does not disappoint. Between our octopus, amazing drinks, and killer entrees this is unquestionably my favorite restaurant on property right now.

Best Table Service
Yak N Yeti

Aside from all the signatures we did, we had quite a few one credit table services in there too and looking back I think Yak n Yeti was my favorite. Now a meal made of only appetizers (my fav) had a lot to do with that, but those tuna nachos and cream cheese wontons are a thing of beauty. Namaste indeed!

Best Counter Service
Harambe Market

While technically this may have been our only counter service, I couldn't resist another look at this sausage.

Best Appetizer
Bread Service at Sanaa

Disney dining does not get much better than this!

Best Entrees

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Perfectly cooked, tender filet and ribeye. Duck fat potatoes. 'Nuf Said

Best Dessert
The Kilamanjaro from Jiko.

Chocolate Mouse. Pistachio Fiancier. Cacao Nib Crunch. Ras el Hanout Pineapples. Need I say more. Easily the best and most refined dessert we've ever had on property.

Best Drink
I'm gonna cheat a bit and call everything from Nomads lounge a winner. At a price of only 8-10 dollars they are serving the highest quality cocktails in an amazing setting that has in Stacy's words become a must do for us!

Best New to Us
Our adult appetizer crawl through Disney Springs was a major success and introduced us to Morimotos and Homecoming for the first time. I couldn't Sophie's choice it between Morimotos ribs and Homecomings Chicken biscuits so I'm going to declare this a draw.

Biggest Disappointment
Festival of the Arts

Being Food and Wine and Flower and Garden veterans, I had high hopes and sadly the Festival of the Arts just didn't deliver. Art or not, when you advertise food booths, I had expectations on target with at least Flower and Garden quality and quantity wise and this one just disappointed all the way around. Oh well at least we got some fun pictures out of it.

Worst Drink
Sangria in Morocco

I'm pretty sure this sad little thimble of sickening sweet grape juice says it all. And yes I still drank it :P

Worst Food
Roasted Pork Roulade from the Artists Palatte in the Festival of the Arts.

This was as bad as it looked. I think some Alpo may have tasted better :-)

Honorable Mention

I wanted to shout out our beloved Tables in Wonderland card which saved us $415 on this trip. Combined with our last trip we saved a whopping $755 which trumps the $125 purchase price. Sadly we won't be AP holders on our next trip so no card for us. My wallet is highly disappointed, but I think my liver is secretly cheering.

Well I think that about wraps it up. Thanks to you all for following along. I love, love, love sharing all our adventures with you and still am astounded by the response. Our family truly loves disney (and drinks) and sharing that with you all is a true gift. Our next trip is less than 3 months away, so stay tuned for more tipsy times. To end it like it began, disney food is definitely like a box of chocolates, we never knew what we were gonna get but as always we were rarely disappointed. Off to more tipsy adventures.
Thanks for an amazing read. I'm surviving off these food reviews until we get to go to Disney in April. Your review has by far been the best. I love the details. I can't wait to read your next one.

Exactly! I am already debating rides, ADRs (I know how you love ADRs)! I think we are pretty set at beach club, even if we almost went contemporary, or wilderness lodge..... or boardwalk or you know any place.
Or grand floridian or yacht club or polynesian :-) Can't want to hear how it all turns out !

Haha! I was off a week, I almost booked a 3 day trip for oct 23-26 but you know people felt they needed to be responsible and then we didn't book.
Close but no cigar :P

Another fantastically funny trip report! That sweet little girl of yours is just too precious! Cant wait for the next report....now to find some food- you always leave me with my belly growling!
Thanks so much Heidi! Casey is most definitely precious, we are very, very lucky!

Looks like we may be two Magical Expresses passing in the night on the 11th. We land at noon that day.
Seriously!!!!!! Our flight is at 6 or 7 which of course means a 3 departure. Those disney gods are not looking after us :P

Always love your reviews and I'm over the moon to see that two of my restaurants I've booked for marathon weekend feature in your highs for the holiday - tiffins and yachtsman. Just made me get about hundred times more excited and hungry!
Thank you so much!!!! You will be so happy with both Tiffins and Yachtsman. We have no plans as of yet for our next trip, but both of those will unquestionably be on them!

Thanks for an amazing read. I'm surviving off these food reviews until we get to go to Disney in April. Your review has by far been the best. I love the details. I can't wait to read your next one.
Wow, thank you so much! That really means a lot. This place certainly gets us all through the days until our next trip!

I'm sad I'll never get to see more animatronic Sigourney Weaver again.
I know!!! The awkward moving of her head, the interesting expression on her face... tragic.

But of course. Good or bad, one must not waste alcohol :drinking1
Exactly! :thumbsup2

Thanks Tracy! Hopefully our disney plans will cross one day, cause I just know we'd all get along :-) Hope you are having a great trip!
I hope so, too! We'd absolutely get along! :thumbsup2

Thanks, it was a great trip, indeed. But I feel like I shouldn't be home yet... it just went by way too fast! :sad2:

I know!!! The awkward moving of her head, the interesting expression on her face... tragic.
Tragic is the perfect word for both sigourney and it now being gone. It may have been the worst animatronic in disney history, but ya had to love it for how tragic it really was.

Thanks, it was a great trip, indeed. But I feel like I shouldn't be home yet... it just went by way too fast! :sad2:
It did go fast. I wasn't even there and I feel like you shouldn't be home yet. Why don't you just head down for a few more days :-)

Loved reading this! Will eagerly await the next one :drinking:
Thanks so much. You and me both are eagerly awaiting the next one :-)

Yay just caught up and finished!!

I know I wax poetic about how good things are often, but Tiffins does not disappoint. Between our octopus, amazing drinks, and killer entrees this is unquestionably my favorite restaurant on property right now.

Us too! I think this is the only restaurant we've repeated on every trip this year so far!

Aside from all the signatures we did, we had quite a few one credit table services in there too and looking back I think Yak n Yeti was my favorite. Now a meal made of only appetizers (my fav) had a lot to do with that, but those tuna nachos and cream cheese wontons are a thing of beauty. Namaste indeed!

Yum, now I'm going to find an ADR here because I want those tuna nachos and wontons!

Perfectly cooked, tender filet and ribeye. Duck fat potatoes. 'Nuf Said

Love those potatoes!

Chocolate Mouse. Pistachio Fiancier. Cacao Nib Crunch. Ras el Hanout Pineapples. Need I say more. Easily the best and most refined dessert we've ever had on property.

This sounds amazing! I dont' like desserts which are too sweet and this sounds like my kinda dessert. I love pistachio anything!

That looks like a shot of ough syrup!

I wanted to shout out our beloved Tables in Wonderland card which saved us $415 on this trip. Combined with our last trip we saved a whopping $755 which trumps the $125 purchase price. Sadly we won't be AP holders on our next trip so no card for us. My wallet is highly disappointed, but I think my liver is secretly cheering.

LOL that card saved us so much this year...

Well I think that about wraps it up. Thanks to you all for following along. I love, love, love sharing all our adventures with you and still am astounded by the response. Our family truly loves disney (and drinks) and sharing that with you all is a true gift. Our next trip is less than 3 months away, so stay tuned for more tipsy times. To end it like it began, disney food is definitely like a box of chocolates, we never knew what we were gonna get but as always we were rarely disappointed. Off to more tipsy adventures.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful tipsy reviews!! Reading your reviews is always so much fun. I look forward to our DISMeet during Food and wine!

For anyone who may still be following along, we finally made some semblance of plans for our November trip since fast pass makes me commit to things 60 days in advance. I know quite a few of you will be down there at the same time so below is where we are currently at. Hopefully I can finally meet some of you. Except for @ariane37, I'm over her already :P

Friday - 3 Nov
Arrive @ 0830
Late Morning/Mid-Afternoon F&W @ Epcot followed likely by some MK time (because Casey ain't having a first disney day that does not = MK)

Saturday - 4 Nov
Jason runs the 10K
MGM and likely some Disney Springs dinner

Sunday - 5 Nov
Jason runs the 1/2 marathon
California Grill Brunch
Animal Kingdom Afternoon

Monday - 6 Nov
MK Day
Dinner at Citricos with the amazing @ariane37

Tuesday - 7 Nov
Epcot and lots of food and wine Again with my drinking phenom partner that is @ariane37

Wednesday - 8 Nov
MK day and who knows what else at night

Thursday - 9 Nov
AK morning for FoP
Maybe some Typhoon Lagoon, weather dependent
Christmas Party @ MK

Friday - 10 Nov
More F&W fun @ Epcot during the day and wherever the wind may take us at night

Saturday - 11 Nov
Last day
Animal Kingdom

Jason runs the 10K
:scared1: Bless him. I can't imagine wanting to spend time at Disney running a race! But good for him!

I approve. :thumbsup2

Jason runs the 1/2 marathon
The blessings continue.

Again with my drinking phenom partner that is @ariane37
Wait... I thought you said you were over @ariane37?! :laughing:

Christmas Party @ MK
Yay! I did this a million years ago, I would love to do it again! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Whoo!!!! Eats and drinks with the Stone clan!!!!

Epcot and lots of food and wine Again with my drinking phenom partner that is @ariane37
And then we begin again the next day :drinking1:drinking1:earseek: I am so beyond excited to hang out with you guys!!!

And now I remembered I need to do our FP's in the morning so I should probably figure that all out.............................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!