Tips re: weekend-only events in the off-season

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
This was our first trip to Disneyland, and I was aware before we left that the off-season has certain events only on the weekends, but turns out there were many more that we missed because we didn't know! So in case you're going soon:

1. Fireworks were only Friday and Saturday nights. Some folks were gathering for fireworks on Sunday and were disappointed. We took HydroGuy's advice and saw them on Friday (in case they got canceled, we'd still have one more chance to see them.)

2. The Villains Lair in Fantasyland has characters only on the weekend. I didn't realize the place even existed until our weekend had passed, so we missed out. I don't know who hangs out there, but would have been fun to find out!

And Cruella DeVil's trailer (in DCA) was empty the couple times we went by during the week, so perhaps she's also only around on the weekend?

3. The sailing ship sails only on the weekend. You can still ride the paddlewheel boat during the week. We also missed this, and would have been fun to do both. I'm not sure if the pirates are still "taking over" the sailing ship, I'd been looking forward to that!

4. The Sword in the Stone ceremony was also only on the weekend.

5. The Aladdin's Oasis show in Adventureland (different from the Aladdin musical) was also only on the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter