Tips please

Well I'm in that store a lot and it wasn't naughty plans. :P Truthfully some people forget I'm in the room when they are talking. My supervisor at a call center I used to work at put a cat bell on my badge holder because he would turn around and I'd be standing there and scare the pooh out of him.

Thanks earfull :) I just want to make sure I'm not too out there.

FYI this is my favorite post of the day. Cat bell. Classic. :)

And to contribute just a little bit to your original topic, I don't think here is anything wrong with not being out at work. I certainly don't announce my bisexuality at the office. (Though frankly that's because some straight men get creepy very quickly.) I don't keep it a secret, but I don't offer it up either.
People make a lot of assumptions because I am married to a man and have a child. Let them assume away. I know who I am, just like you know who you are.

You do you. If it makes things better to come out, then come out. If it will make things more difficult, then there is no coming out rule you are supposed to follow.

FYI this is my favorite post of the day. Cat bell. Classic. :)

And to contribute just a little bit to your original topic, I don't think here is anything wrong with not being out at work. I certainly don't announce my bisexuality at the office. (Though frankly that's because some straight men get creepy very quickly.) I don't keep it a secret, but I don't offer it up either.
People make a lot of assumptions because I am married to a man and have a child. Let them assume away. I know who I am, just like you know who you are.

You do you. If it makes things better to come out, then come out. If it will make things more difficult, then there is no coming out rule you are supposed to follow.

bahahah to the cat bell. did you sneak up purposefully? I would.

also agreed with everything lorenni said (and said well!)

ho hum, ho hum. I'm moving away from Portland soon (end of summer?). But probably not to a bigger city, so even though I am ready to leave, every time I think of leaving the food behind I'm like nervously sweating, wondering if I can really be happy without :scared:

on the sushi note, we had surprisingly good sushi once on a long road trip, somewhere in or just outside of grand junction, CO. The options were sushi or fast food chains and the sushi came through. I have some hope for small towns and their sushi!

No I didn't sneak up on purpose, I just don't like to interrupt people so I would stand there patiently until they were done with whatever. I'm like a nerdy ninja.

On the subject of sushi, did anyone try the fruishi at the flower and garden Epcot stand?

A little late to this party, but here's my .02...

At every professional job I've had since graduating college, I haven't made my sexuality a secret...but it's also not how I define myself. My two long term BF's have met my coworkers, bosses and CEO's...not to mention family (aside from my parents...a whole other story). My current BF is on my desk with three pictures; everyone knows when we go on trips and that kind of thing. I have never gotten any grief about it (again, aside from my parents). The devoutly religious people I know who might object embrace me and we don't have a problem.

I had an interview at a faith-based organization a few weeks ago and mentioned my partner (who works at the org). I didn't hide the fact my partner is a "he." The hiring managers didn't flinch.

I am in the fairly liberal Pacific Northwest, so that may have something to do with it.

My point? It's not necessary to be out at work if circumstances don't allow it. But it is super stressful trying to hide a part of you from people you're with for 40ish hours a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!