Tips from recent Greece ABDs

DD's Prince

Earning My Ears
Reaching out to anyone who has recently been to Greece. (2littlestitches/Hlee?) I was hoping to get a few last minute tips. Specifically, how was the day at Kamari Beach. After reading the 2016 TR from CaliforniaGirl09, I would appreciate your thoughts on showering/changing before taking the ferry to Crete.

I am also curious about the economy in Greece. Has it recovered enough that they are taking credit cards now or should I plan on carrying euros for purchases?

Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks!

Reaching out to anyone who has recently been to Greece. (2littlestitches/Hlee?) I was hoping to get a few last minute tips. Specifically, how was the day at Kamari Beach. After reading the 2016 TR from CaliforniaGirl09, I would appreciate your thoughts on showering/changing before taking the ferry to Crete.

I am also curious about the economy in Greece. Has it recovered enough that they are taking credit cards now or should I plan on carrying euros for purchases?

Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks!

In the hotels and bigger restaurants they took credit cards no problem. It was just the little shops in town that seemed to take euros. Seemed like most places were able to take our card when we tried to use it.
We went back to the hotel after Kamari beach so you would be able to change in the bathroom at the hotel( you are already checked out of your rooms, but your luggage is available to you). Bring some good walking shoes and cool clothes as it gets pretty hot during the day.

Thanks Hlee. Hope y'all had a great trip. What was your experience with OYO dinners? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks Hlee. Hope y'all had a great trip. What was your experience with OYO dinners? Any specific recommendations?
The guides were really good about giving several recommendations in each town for on your own dinners. In Crete we went to the Ferryman and it was really good with a great view:)

DD'sprince, what trip are you on. we are on Sept28-oct8 adults only trip. I had the same concerns you have.
But after reading couple of trip reports, looks like it is doable. Hlee was it easy to get into Ferryman. I am looking
forward to eat at this place.

DD'sprince, what trip are you on. we are on Sept28-oct8 adults only trip. I had the same concerns you have.
But after reading couple of trip reports, looks like it is doable. Hlee was it easy to get into Ferryman. I am looking
forward to eat at this place.
Yes, we just had the concierge at the hotel call and make reservations for us. No problem:) I think we even made them the day of...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter