Tips for a new girl!

arsmith

Earning My Ears
We leave for our first Disney trip ever in two weeks (11/4). We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Any suggestions from anyone who has stayed there before? We have a 5 year old girl and a 7 year old boy. Some of our closest friends are staying at AoA the same week and most of our reservations are together. They have a 7 year old girl. ANY random suggestions to make the most of our stay are greatly appreciated!

SO up the tiny walkway to Port Orleans Riverside there is a Family friendly show at the Riverroost Cafe. Yee Haw Bob Jackson is his name and I guarantee everyone in your party will love it. Im Sorry you will have to look up what times he is there while down there because it matters week to week. But the adults and kids alike will love it.

I second Yeehaw Bob! I'm not sure of the times either but I know when we were there last there were 2 shows. The 2nd shows jokes were a bit bluer but I think over most kids heads.

We love taking the boat Disney springs. I know it leaves from PO Riverside.

my favorite little resort! It's so cute,the pools are fun, great food courts...boat to Springs.... I like walking over to Riverside too....Yeeha Bob is the best show - I like a nice morning stroll between the two resorts for my quiet time

I LOVE Port Orleans, both of them, but French Quarter is (everything considered) my favourite resort!!

-Definitely take some time to go explore AoA with your friends, the themeing is awesome and kids seem to love all the statues!
-Get the beignets!! They're the bees knees! (as Tiana would say)
-It's a nice walk over to Riverside to explore over there, check things out, I'm pretty sure there are carriage rides that leave from Riverside too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!