Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining (Updated for 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a stupid question, but why isn't gratuity included in ALL Disney Dining Plan Table Services? I mean you pay A LOT just to have the dining plan, so why couldn't they include it?

I know this is a stupid question, but why isn't gratuity included in ALL Disney Dining Plan Table Services? I mean you pay A LOT just to have the dining plan, so why couldn't they include it?
Initially the dining plan did include gratuities but at some point they were discontinued.

I'm curious about thoughts on tipping for a "special event", in particular Dining with an Imagineer. In that case, only part of the cost is associated with the meal, but the difference isn't itemized.
For comparison, back when CRT included a photo, the (itemized) gratuity was based on the price of the meal excluding the cost of the photo.
I suppose the simplest explanation may be that one tips on the full amount and the corresponding portion is considered a tip to the host imagineer.

From a server's prospective, is it better to tip with cash or credit, or doesn't make a difference?

From a server's prospective, is it better to tip with cash or credit, or doesn't make a difference?
I have a slight preference for cash, but it really doesn't matter all that much. Fwiw, I never tip in cash at WDW - carrying a bunch of cash on vacation is a PITA.

Just do what's easiest for you.

I'm curious about thoughts on tipping for a "special event", in particular Dining with an Imagineer. In that case, only part of the cost is associated with the meal, but the difference isn't itemized.
For comparison, back when CRT included a photo, the (itemized) gratuity was based on the price of the meal excluding the cost of the photo.
I suppose the simplest explanation may be that one tips on the full amount and the corresponding portion is considered a tip to the host imagineer.

personal tipping habits are not up for discussion. sorry!

Please do not post your personal tipping habits on this thread. Refer to #5 on the first post on this thread. I don't want to get into deleting posts and issuing warnings.

Thanks!

Please do not post your personal tipping habits on this thread. Refer to #5 on the first post on this thread. I don't want to get into deleting posts and issuing warnings.

Thanks!
My apologies. I didn't see where #5, or the others, addressed my question.

A) Parties of six (6) or more are automatically charged an 18% gratuity. This includes everyone sitting at the table, including children under the age of 3. If you are dining with another group and are paying separately, you will still be charged the 18% gratuity if there are 6 or more people at the table.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7) The gratuity is included for the dinner shows at Fort Wilderness Campground
(Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue) and the Polynesian Village Resort (Spirit of Aloha).
The gratuity is also included with reservations at Cinderella’s Royal Table in
Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10) Gratuities are not included for guests who use the Disney Dining Plan. Your dining
receipt will include the total value of the meal with a suggested gratuity of 18% and
20%.
Note: If you use your dining plan credits for the Hoop-De-Do Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness
or the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian, the gratuity for the dinner show will be included (refer to #7).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to sound like a stupid question.

We will have 7 or more guest with us at our dinner reservations, so 18% gratuity is automatically applied. We will be on the Disney Dining Plan. Since we are on the dining plan and the plan does not include tip, our party will be responsible for the 18% tip correct? We also plan on eating at Cinderella's Royal Table, will we also be responsible for the 18% tip there or is it pre paid?

I keep reading over the first post but my brain keeps tripping its self up. Thank you.

Is it customary to tip at quick service restaurants that bring your food to the tables, such as Be Our Guest at lunch, or Wolfgang Puck Express? Thanks.

This is going to sound like a stupid question.

We will have 7 or more guest with us at our dinner reservations, so 18% gratuity is automatically applied. We will be on the Disney Dining Plan. Since we are on the dining plan and the plan does not include tip, our party will be responsible for the 18% tip correct? We also plan on eating at Cinderella's Royal Table, will we also be responsible for the 18% tip there or is it pre paid?

I keep reading over the first post but my brain keeps tripping its self up. Thank you.
It's my understanding that you'll be required to tip under the first scenario you asked about.

For Cinderella's Royal Table, the gratuity is included so you will not be required to tip, even if you use dining plan credits to pay for the meal.

I'm struggling with tipping for alcoholic drinks. None of the internet search results I looked at about tipping at WDW mentioned tipping bartenders. So, it's obvious that you tip at a restaurant and pool bar but what about places in EPCOT?

I'm struggling with tipping for alcoholic drinks. None of the internet search results I looked at about tipping at WDW mentioned tipping bartenders. So, it's obvious that you tip at a restaurant and pool bar but what about places in EPCOT?
You can tip at your discretion, typically $1 to $2 per drink.

You can tip at your discretion, typically $1 to $2 per drink.

Just now realizing the last sentence in my post didn't show up. Weird. I'm specifically wondering about Joy of Tea when I order a Tipsy Ducks in Love. Do I tip them? If I am supposed to I feel really bad.... I didn't tip when I ordered one last time. Never occurred to me to do so!

Just now realizing the last sentence in my post didn't show up. Weird. I'm specifically wondering about Joy of Tea when I order a Tipsy Ducks in Love. Do I tip them? If I am supposed to I feel really bad.... I didn't tip when I ordered one last time. Never occurred to me to do so!
Wish I could help you on this one, but I have no idea. I'm not familiar with this location. Maybe someone else will post some info for you.

I have reservations at CRT, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Be Our Guest. I know gratuity was included in my pre-payment for CRT. I am not on the dining plan, so I want to confirm that I do need to tip at the other three restaurants? Thanks!

I have reservations at CRT, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Be Our Guest. I know gratuity was included in my pre-payment for CRT. I am not on the dining plan, so I want to confirm that I do need to tip at the other three restaurants? Thanks!
Yes, tip at your discretion.

with the exception if you are a party of 6 or more. If so there is an automatic 18% gratuity added to your bill. Feel free to add to it :)
If BOG is bfast or lunch then it is considered CS not TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!