Tipping in Germany?

LoveMickey

<font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of
Hello Fellow Travelers,

We are headed to Germany for 4 days prior to our ABD Danube River cruise.

I have a question regarding tipping. Do you tip waiters, etc or just round up? I believe we just did the round up when we did the ABD in Italy.

Also, if anyone has taken any private tours, pre cruise; did you tip, how much?

Thanks,

Tipping isn't expected at restaurants or bars in Germany. I don't know about tipping tour guides outside ABD as I have not done any tours in Germany.

a23284a7e88f9a1cb79bdc23d02e3238.jpg

amberwc How did you like the ABD river cruise?

oops just saw that is in June. :-) Let us know your experiences, would love to hear them.

Tipping in Europe is not like Tipping in USA .

Tipping is not Expected But will be appreciated if given .

Tipping is eexpect
Hello Fellow Travelers,

I have a question regarding tipping. Do you tip waiters, etc or just round up? I believe we just did the round up when we did the ABD in Italy.

Thanks,
Hello Fellow Travelers,

Thanks,

Tipping is expected in Germany at restaurants. 10% is the norm, but never more. Older people tend to tip less.

Since tipping is not expected in Europe, do not expect the same kind of service that you expect in the US. The server is not being rude, just extremely busy. There is probably only one server for the entire restaurant. They are usually not happy with special requests.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter