Tipping in Cabanas

diznymom

DIS Veteran
My goal for this next cruise is to have one dinner in Cabanas. Do you tip the servers in Cabanas? How much? I understand that they are not part of the regular dining crew.

TIA

If you feel like you've received good service, you can leave a tip. But, it's not required.

I tip at Cabanas dinner with cash. Not nearly as much as at Palo though.

You can tip them if you want they will really appreciate it. Most of The people who work on the ships are paid very little if they are not part of the normal people you tip.

My goal for this next cruise is to have one dinner in Cabanas. Do you tip the servers in Cabanas? How much? I understand that they are not part of the regular dining crew.

TIA
Yes, the CMs serving dinner in Cabanas are in training, and not part of the gratuity set-up onboard. They are paid differently than the other dining room servers, so a tip is not required. But you certainly may, if you wish.

You can tip them if you want they will really appreciate it. Most of The people who work on the ships are paid very little if they are not part of the normal people you tip.

How would you know what all of the people are paid on the ship? Are salaries posted somewhere?

How would you know what all of the people are paid on the ship? Are salaries posted somewhere?

Almost everyone knows that the majority of people who work on cruise ships get paid very little. Some officers get paid good. The people who gets tips gets paid good. That’s why you don’t see many people from USA or Canada on the ships.

But, they keep renewing their contracts. If they were unhappy w/ their pay scales they would not come back. There are lots of jobs on land in the USA that pay very little, especially in the hospitality industry.

But, they keep renewing their contracts. If they were unhappy w/ their pay scales they would not come back. There are lots of jobs on land in the USA that pay very little, especially in the hospitality industry.

It’s really great pay for them. The ones from poor countries. They can work for 15 years or so and be set for life.

We ate there for dinner for the first time on our last sailing and we did leave a tip in cash and also tipped extra for our drinks. I don't think most people leave tips for them though based on what I saw and the way they reacted to our tips (pleasantly surprised).

On a side note, our servers told us they no longer offer a different menu each night in Cabanas. They have one menu that they use every single night through the duration of the cruise. He made it sound like this was a recent change and we only went one night as a result.

The rare times we've eaten at Cabanas, I've handed a tip (cash) to the servers. Not much, just a few dollars.

I did this because their service was over the top outstanding...not because I feel sorry for whatever their salary is, what they do when not there, how servers in the MDRs are tipped, whether they are in training (I don't know if that's true), etc. We tipped excellent service, and they earned it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter