Ticket question. (Someone that may not be THAT interested in the parks)

agame2323

DIS Veteran
What would be the best approach / strategy for someone that may only want to visit the parks once or twice during a 7 day onsite stay?

My father isn't necessarily a big Universal person and also has difficulty walking over long periods of time. Should he just buy a two day ticket and that way he can see both parks? Or is there some more cost effective?

I don't know that I have any advice, but I can tell you that we had the same situation (only at WDW). My father is not a theme park fan really and has mobility issues as well. However, it was a family vacation and so we wanted him to have the choice to be with us whenever he wanted. In the end, we bit the bullet and got him the same ticket that we had. Then we reserved a scooter for the duration of the stay so that he could ride along with us instead of walking. It ended up being a great vacation, and he came to the parks with us almost every day. Without question, not the most cost effective so I don't know if there is any advise in this, but just an option!! :thumbsup2

I second getting a scooter for anyone with mobility challenges. My DW had surgery prior to our trip to WDW last year, and the scooter was a saving grace for her to be able to tackle the WDW terrain.

But be careful, while scooters have variable speeds, the operator can make it go faster than a regular walking pace leaving the rest of the party in the dust. Enjoy the following video of my DS and I trying to keep up with "Leadfoot" while almost barreling over someone inside the BoardWalk Inn & Villas. -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/YfzLRyvA8SjbrdXq1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!