Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone booked a campsite recently? I have attempted for the past few days and I get all the way to the check out page where I enter my cc info, but when I click purchase I get this message

"Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later."

I'm including 6 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants to the reservation. Is this too many people? I know its supposed to be up to 10 people but I don't know what else would be causing this error and I want to prepare before I call.

I received the same message last week. It was a problem on the site- ended up being able to add 8 to the campsite reservation

Hi! I have a throwaway room situation that is a bit unique. I am going to WDW with 5 other people from April 8 - April 12 in 2018 (5 days). My original plan was to book the throwaway room for April 8 so we could get parking for the 8th and 9th. I believe this would allow us to start booking FP+ for the first day on February 7, and then the rest of the days on a rolling basis.

However, we have 4 other people who will be joining us for two park days on April 11 and 12. They will only have two-day park tickets. If I add them to the throwaway room reservation for the 8th, will we still be able to book FP+ for them 60 days before? I am worried we would only be able to book their FP+ for April 8 and 9 because of the 2-day tickets.

They will be fine. It doesn't matter when in your onsite reservation they book their days, it just matters that you do not exceed the total days of ticket entitlement for each profile.

Thanks for all the information. We have a six day trip planned. I have a room booked for two nights at one of the value resorts for two people. I'm flying in myself the first day, DD is flying in for day 2. The next day we are checking out of the value resort and into SOG. So if I understand correctly I can book FP for DD and I starting 60 days out for all days of our trip even the ones we are at SOG as long as I book them 60 days in advance of each day?

I have two rooms booked right now. One for the length of stay since I did not realize that I could book FP without having a hotel stay every night. I can cancel the reservation I am not planning on using and keep the 2 day room I will be using? This will still allow me to get FP 60 days ahead?

Also, can I book FP for the other people in our party 60 days out or do they need to be either on my room reservation or have their own room? DS is coming too but may stay offsite part of the trip and relatives are coming that have AP.

Thanks all!

Thanks for all the information. We have a six day trip planned. I have a room booked for two nights at one of the value resorts for two people. I'm flying in myself the first day, DD is flying in for day 2. The next day we are checking out of the value resort and into SOG. So if I understand correctly I can book FP for DD and I starting 60 days out for all days of our trip even the ones we are at SOG as long as I book them 60 days in advance of each day?

This is correct.

I have two rooms booked right now. One for the length of stay since I did not realize that I could book FP without having a hotel stay every night. I can cancel the reservation I am not planning on using and keep the 2 day room I will be using? This will still allow me to get FP 60 days ahead?

Also, can I book FP for the other people in our party 60 days out or do they need to be either on my room reservation or have their own room? DS is coming too but may stay offsite part of the trip and relatives are coming that have AP.

Thanks all!

Yes, I would cancel the longer reservation. As long as your link your profile to your friends profile through "Friends and Family", they can be added to your party when making FP's at 60 days.

I have a throwaway room booked for 1 night coming in on 8th checking out on 9th THEN a separate reservation at DVC resort checking in 10th-13th. Will I be able to make FP for all days through 13th on the 60th day or just for 8th and 9th and then the other days on the 60th day from the 10th at 2nd resort? Hope this makes sense☺

We will be visiting June 2018. We get a room at a resort for the first night. A couple of people stay in the resort room. We then stay in a condo in Kissimmee the rest of the trip. we usually have 4 people . This time we will have probably 5 people maybe 6. Do we have to get a resort room for 5 or 6 people, or can we get fastpasses for 6 people if the room only allows 4 people? We are usually get fastpasses for the week even if only staying in a Disney resort. WE just have to do fastpasses one day at a time. Is this still the same process?

I have a throwaway room booked for 1 night coming in on 8th checking out on 9th THEN a separate reservation at DVC resort checking in 10th-13th. Will I be able to make FP for all days through 13th on the 60th day or just for 8th and 9th and then the other days on the 60th day from the 10th at 2nd resort? Hope this makes sense☺

Since the dates don't actually overlap, I'm not sure if this qualifies as a split stay. If I had to guess I would say that all your dates should open 60 days from the 8th, but not exactly sure.

We will be visiting June 2018. We get a room at a resort for the first night. A couple of people stay in the resort room. We then stay in a condo in Kissimmee the rest of the trip. we usually have 4 people . This time we will have probably 5 people maybe 6. Do we have to get a resort room for 5 or 6 people, or can we get fastpasses for 6 people if the room only allows 4 people? We are usually get fastpasses for the week even if only staying in a Disney resort. WE just have to do fastpasses one day at a time. Is this still the same process?

As long as everyone's MDEs are "linked" via Friends and Family, all 5 or 6 should be able to make FP's at 60 days, even if only 4 people are on the reservation. Your will be able to make FP's for days 1 and 2 60 days from day 1, then the rest on a rolling 60 day basis one day at a time.

Hi. We have a campsite pitch booked for 1 night in October but live out with US so won't get magic bands sent to us (that is ok as we already have some). My questions are-
1. Will the free parking appear on our MB if we just check in online and don't go to campsite? I emailed Disney and they said I would need to go to campsite??
2. We want to take advantage of EMH on check in day. Will they let us into park even though we have not been to the campsite?
Thanks

Hi. We have a campsite pitch booked for 1 night in October but live out with US so won't get magic bands sent to us (that is ok as we already have some). My questions are-
1. Will the free parking appear on our MB if we just check in online and don't go to campsite? I emailed Disney and they said I would need to go to campsite??
2. We want to take advantage of EMH on check in day. Will they let us into park even though we have not been to the campsite?
Thanks
1. All MBs link to the same info. Just Decline the new MBs in your MDE account for your October trip.
2. Yes

Will be doing this for September. Since we come from abroad, Magic Bands will not be delivered to us, so I guess we have to pick them up. Does that mean we have to go to Check in desk at resort or is there any other place we could pick them up?

We have a throw away tent camp site for 1 night with 2 family's listed on it. Each family will have their own car. Will we get parking passes for our check-in day and check-out day for both cars?

This is such a good idea, and I may actually take the $46 risk and try it so I can book a Free Dining bounce back (which is a huge savings for my family of 5).

Has anyone tried this recently?? We were on property just a few days before the free dining BB dropped (during the time it usually is available) and there was no 2018 BB. Just makes you mad when you miss it by a few days and we were planning to book for our sons birthday trip next year. I would book a hotel not a campsite so as not to take a campsite away from someone who really wants it.

I too would love to know if it's possible to book a bounceback with a one night stay at the campground without actually staying there.

I too would love to know if it's possible to book a bounceback with a one night stay at the campground without actually staying there.
Why not? I would call the day you are supposed to be there. 407-939-1923. If you're in the room you can dial the extension but if you call the number from outside your room, you will need your booking #.

We have a throw away tent camp site for 1 night with 2 family's listed on it. Each family will have their own car. Will we get parking passes for our check-in day and check-out day for both cars?

I'm curious about this as well.

Ok, I have scanned most of this thread and can't find my answer. We are offsite, other family with us onsite. We both check in 1/27. We are going to do throwaway campsite for 1 night to get MBs and 2 days parking. Not going to park 1/27, first day in park is 1/28. Have tickets from Parksavers (don't think this matters, right?) linked to our account, and have linked as friends/family with other family staying onsite.
1. If we didn't do throwaway, we could still book 60 days FP by booking through onsite friends account/linked, correct?
2. If we do throwaway checking in 1/28 (to get 2 days parking on 1/28 & 1/29, since not going to park 1/27), would we still get 60 days from 1/27 since friends check in that day, or 60 days from our check in date of 1/28? Basically, would 1 check in date supersede the other?

1. If we didn't do throwaway, we could still book 60 days FP by booking through onsite friends account/linked, correct?
2. If we do throwaway checking in 1/28 (to get 2 days parking on 1/28 & 1/29, since not going to park 1/27), would we still get 60 days from 1/27 since friends check in that day, or 60 days from our check in date of 1/28? Basically, would 1 check in date supersede the other?
1. Yes. No one needs MagicBands; plastic tickets function the same way.
2. Your FP booking is based on your friends' booking window whether you have an onsite room or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter