thrill ride park?

phantom-menace

Earning My Ears
I am new here so I don't know if this has been discussed before. A few years back, a cast member told me that disney was considering a thrill ride park complete with kiddie section. The Animal Kingdom is actually losing attendance and the other parks are below the national average in attendance increases. Any thoughts on the idea of a thrill ride park?. In my opinion, its what Disney needs. I know, go to six flags or Universal but thrill ride parks across the country are booming.

I was giving this argument on the debate board. (sort of)

I agree with you that to keep younger families coming, they will eventually need to integrate some "thrill rides" into their parks. Maybe not all of them, but at least a few more than they have.

:D

I agree... my nephew told me that Disney was for old people...his definition of old being 30....and him being about 22 or 23 at the time.

My niece who is 14 was also down on Disney & was upset when we didn't go to Universal. Her sister, 11, loved it.

I think the lack of thrill rides leaves an adrenalin gap for the young and the restless (the teenage crowd who can't drink). At the same time I wouldn't want to see roller coasters at Disney.

originally animal kingdom was soposed to have 2 more thrill rides:

Beastly Coaster (a feet-dangling coaster) in Beastly Kingdom was soposed to be where camp minnie-mickey is today (originally camp minnie-mickey was only temporary until they started construction on Beastly Kingdom)...remember the dragon on the first animal kingdom logos and the fire breathing dragon in a cave along the coast of camp minnie-mickey that you could see on the late discovery river boats?...they was representing the soon-to-be beastly kingdom and coaster.

The Excavator was originally soposed to be in dinoland, (where a thrilling coaster train explored an old excavation camp), but over time that idea was cut down to size to form the soon-to-come DinoRama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter