Thoughts on Recent Trip

I'm so sorry this trip was a little less than "magical" for you. I know how much you like SSR and this must have really disappointed you.

DH and I were there only 3 weeks ago and to be very honest the crowds weren't all that bad. But unfortunately we did encounter some rudeness. Thankfully not directed towards us, but still very visible.

Trash - DH and I for some reason thought it was on the first floor, and luckily when we got off the elevator there was a trash bin and we dumped it there. I still don't know where that room is! :lmao:

Smoking - you know, if you hadn't mentioned it I never would have thought about it. But I don't think I ever saw anyone smoking around our building in Congress Park. I did see a woman walking through the quiet pool with an un-lit cigarette in her hand probably heading to the "smoking permitted" area where ever that is. She was headed towards the walkway to DTD.

The trash room is in the corner of the building next to the ice machine. If you are looking at the front of the building it is on the right side.

I have sent several comments to DVC management, one about letting guests know where the trash room is and what is expected for members or renters on points.

Also last night our bus ran off the road going into the Grandstand due to the road being so narrow and then hit the curb at the bus stop. He said he wish everyone on the bus would complain.

The trash room is in the corner of the building next to the ice machine. If you are looking at the front of the building it is on the right side.

I have sent several comments to DVC management, one about letting guests know where the trash room is and what is expected for members or renters on points.

Also last night our bus ran off the road going into the Grandstand due to the road being so narrow and then hit the curb at the bus stop. He said he wish everyone on the bus would complain.

Ok...now I have an idea where that tash room is. Thank you!

I have a feeling many buses go off the road. At one point when you turn left off of the property there's a traffic sign (not sure if it's a stop sign or what) that definately has been hit!!

Thanks for your report. Some people are just lazy.

Can you elaborate on that statement??

Not the specifics just that Orlando has a very bad problem right now with crime, drugs, robberies etc. and some of that has filtered over to Disney.

Just do not come to Disney thinking it is a completely safe haven from any crime and you will be absolutely fine. You will if you look see an increased security force and guards were more diligent about asking for ID before allowing us to enter resort property.

I doubt many DVCers are naive enough to think there is no crime at Disney, but many are and I felt this needed a reminder. Any place now where large groups of people gather you have crime.

I have also decided if you do not have a car, Grandstand is a great place to request, great location and bus service. If you do have a car and drive it often to other resorts, etc, I would avoid this area. We had to take the grass again today, do avoid a head on collision with a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter