Thoughts on Recent Trip - September 29 & October 1

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
So I was at DLR over the past weekend - always great to do. I was there with a buddy of mine, a first-timer, and I may have pushed him a little hard. He was a good sport about it, but it was a little tough for him to move at my pace - and I did try to slow it down. I did some stuff on my own though, and it worked out. Below are the interesting notes:
  • Indiana Jones looked great! The recent refurb was well worth it I think.
  • Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway has the best queue ever. The wait was long, but, honestly I could've stayed in there a while.
  • I finally did Savi's Workshop and got a nice gold-trimmed saber. The experience was a lot of fun, but felt a little rushed.
    • Also, something I complain about a lot with GE, I was running right up to time (coming from MMRR), and even after asking a CM, I just could not find the dang place! I know they want to be immersive, but there is no signage at all. That blue flag with the symbol isn't enough. I'm a super Star Wars mega-nerd, and I didn't recognize it.
    • Got a picture with Fennec Shand though - cool!
  • People really need to calm the heck down at Rope Drop. Honestly, my friend's first Disney experience was not a good one with the way people would push and shove, and cuss at people moving too slow. He was about ready to go home right then!
  • I really like the way the new San Fransokyo area is themed - it's super cool! I love BH6 though. In other news, Web Slingers is growing on me.
  • Man, I remember when rain would just empty the place!
  • Thank you to the Cafe Orleans staff who helped me out with my reservation time - I had it for 12:30 but wrote 11:30 in all my notes. 11:30 was in my head. They had us seated by about 11:40 - nice!
  • Magic Happens is impressive in person - I watched it twice. It's not my favorite soundtrack, but couple with the visuals it was a lot of fun! Had great seats on a bench near the flagpole for it too - some people abandoned it becuase the sun was directly on it, but I'm used to the heat.
  • My first and last rides were on the Haunted Mansion, with the last being after 11 PM on Sunday.
    • In a delightful interaction, a guy who was, well, more than a tad drunk was playing with a light-up bubble wand in line. Whatever - he's having fun. We were stopped right near the door, next to go in. The CM at the door says, "Pardon me sir, but can I get one of your bubbles?" Then he grabs one out of the air and holds it in his hands! It was a clear marble, but it absolutely blew the drunk guy's mind! The CM gave the guy the marble and he figured it out. He proceded to do "the trick" for everyone in line. I'm about cracking up. When the CM came back to let us in, the guy was like, "Hey, hey, look!" and did the trick. The CM graciously told him, "Very good. Now, if I could just borrow a little of that red magic...." Then he pulls a glowing red marble from the light of the wand. "Ahhhh! You got me again!" says the drunk guy. Too funny!
      • Unfortunately, they guy also didn't heed the CM, and tried to turn the thing on inside. Those with him kept telling him to stop, but he would flash that thing from time to time. Too much, dude! I let him just get a bit ahead after the stretching room. Still, it was pretty entertianing to see all that!
  • I was there for 18 hours on Sunday and didn't see Dick Van Dyke! 🙁

Last edited:
Nice update. Haven't been to MMRR yet but I've heard a few people mention how impressive the line has been done. Guess when I get to the park next and can finally ride that one I'll have to skip LL so I can see the queue.

Nice update. Haven't been to MMRR yet but I've heard a few people mention how impressive the line has been done. Guess when I get to the park next and can finally ride that one I'll have to skip LL so I can see the queue.

I had been on it in WDW, but they retrofitted the Grea tMovie Ride, and it's just not nearly as impressive (most of it is outside). "THe El Capitoon Theater" is just awesome inside and out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter