Thoughts on November? What's your favorite time of year to visit?

Cinderella94

I miss my tags!
Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I are beginning to plan our wedding for sometime next year, but we're not set on a date yet. We know we want to honeymoon in Aulani - it will be our first time. I'm tossing around the idea of October for the wedding. I don't know if I'd want to visit Aulani that month, though, because of hurricane season? Would November be better? Part of me is also still considering May for the wedding, so any thoughts on time of year at all are welcome! Thanks!

Hurricanes affecting Hawaii are few and far between. Considerably less than the Orlando area and WDW. I wouldn't let that determine your dates for you. We went in late September last year and it was perfect - great weather and low crowds. Would definitely go back that time of year again. If you do go with October, be mindful of school breaks. Hawaii has a school break at some point in October, and most other schools around the country are off around Columbus Day. Our Columbus Day weekend is also Canadian Thanksgiving. Things like that will drive up the crowd levels at the resort.

Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I are beginning to plan our wedding for sometime next year, but we're not set on a date yet. We know we want to honeymoon in Aulani - it will be our first time. I'm tossing around the idea of October for the wedding. I don't know if I'd want to visit Aulani that month, though, because of hurricane season? Would November be better? Part of me is also still considering May for the wedding, so any thoughts on time of year at all are welcome! Thanks!

Re: the weather. Hurricane season actually goes through November, but I wouldn't worry about it. Hurricanes downgrade before they hit Hawaii. For our seasons, it's more of an issue of "rainy' versus "dry".

Sometimes people will warn you that rainy season is November - March without taking into account that Hawaii has a lot of microclimates. "Rainy" on the leeward side is cute compared to "rainy" on the windward. Kapolei is on the leeward side which is drier. So even if you stay at Aulani during rainy season, you're at a much lower risk of getting rained on than other parts of the island during the same time period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter