Thoughts On Boma Breakfast!!

Dendis

Earning My Ears
I will be staying at AKL for the first time next week. We have a reservation for Boma breakfast.

Would just like to see what are some of your experiences with breakfast at Boma? also any must tries and how did you like it?

Also what is everyone's take on Zebra Domes? we have never tried these and heard the can be purchased at the QS Mara and was wondering if we should give them a try.

Thanks

Boma breakfast is fantastic. It has more exotic foods (mainly African, Indian) and traditional breakfast food for the less adventurous. I live in a place where I have a wide variety of choice for dining and Boma still offers a unique flavors that I can't seem to find anywhere else. I'm an adventurous eater, so I love everything on the buffet. I would say try everything and pick your favorites.

We are DVC owners at the lodge and probably prefer this accommodation over all the others.

I can go over the many reasons why this a great hotel, which you probably know. Most of the time, I hear only two complaints from guests staying at the lodge (1) the location is far away from the parks and (2) the lighting in the rooms are dim. Well, I think that all changes now with Pandora, and I believe the lighting purposefully provides an ambiance of visiting Africa, the dark continent.

You made a great choice on food and accommodations!

:thanks:

Great to hear!!! We stopped by the AKL on our last visit and we loved it!!!

We said next year we are going to give it a try and we have always wanted to see the 4th of July fireworks at Disney so it is going to be awesome!!

3 days to go!!

party:

Zebra Domes are delicious, they serve them at Boma's dinner, maybe you'll be lucky to get them at breakfast too.

Thanks for all your responses.

I do love French toast and the jungle juice sounds great!!!

Boma is our absolute favorite restaurant! Breakfast there is great. Take a tiny bite of everything! The breakfast hash is the best. And jungle juice for sure! I would also highly recommend their dinner buffet. It's so worth the money. In fact, we usually go twice when we visit because they rotate 2 menus. It's spectacular.
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I don't care for zebra domes.

BTW, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom offers a very similar character meal buffet as a PPO reservation and I believe the price is the same

Glad to hear that Boma breakfast is a hit! We have an ADR for our upcoming trip.

Zebra domes are great--I prefer them cold, as they are from the Mara, vs. room temp at Boma...

Boma breakfast-best breakfast anywhere in WDW. That bread pudding with warm praline sauce, delicious! I much prefer their breakfast to dinner.

Great to read. We booked Boma breakfast for our upcoming trip for he first time - I was sold on the french toast bread pudding with praline sauce!!!

Boma breakast is our absolute favourite, and to echo everyone else, the french toast and praline sauce is to die for. Have a bite for me!

Love Boma breakfast!! We were always a fan of Boma dinner. Did breakfast for the first time in January (and dinner). My husband declared that he preferred the breakfast to the dinner. One of the reasons is that dinner is more crowded and chaotic. He was disappointed that we skipped it this June - so, that was the first ADR I made last week for our short trip in September.

As for Zebra domes, I'm not one of the fans. But, they're worth trying since so many love them. While I'm on the topic of desserts, just a reminder that the only dessert Boma has in the morning is the bread pudding - not the usual larger dessert selections at breakfast buffets.

Boma is our absolute favorite restaurant! Breakfast there is great. Take a tiny bite of everything! The breakfast hash is the best. And jungle juice for sure! I would also highly recommend their dinner buffet. It's so worth the money. In fact, we usually go twice when we visit because they rotate 2 menus. It's spectacular.
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I don't care for zebra domes.

BTW, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom offers a very similar character meal buffet as a PPO reservation and I believe the price is the same

We have been known on quite a few trips to go to Boma more than once, particularly if we are staying there! And I'm with you in the minority on the Zebra domes - and I appear to be in the minority here on the bread pudding - not a fan, but I have never liked any I have tried

The Tusker House breakfast is more expensive than Boma breakfast - by about $8. Boma's breakfast is one of the biggest bargains at Disney - and perhaps we should all stop talking it up before they raise the price!!

As others have stated - Boma is the best breakfast. We love just about everything. Love the corned beef hash - my kids love the tater tots (they have a BBQ flavor). When we go to Boma - I try a very little of everything that is different and if I like it I go back for more. We go to Boma each trip mostly breakfast - but dinner is great too.

Ditto what others have said- we LOVE breakfast at Boma! Jungle juice, hash, French toast bread pudding (seriously my favorite thing ever), and I love the fruit that's in some kind of creamy sauce. It's so fun to try all the different foods!

Zebra domes are good but not nearly as good as the aforementioned bread pudding! They're certainly worth a try.

Four words for ya, "best buffett on property". The fam and I still say that has been our favorite breakfast. That was 4 years ago and we've been 4 times since. Boma breakfast = best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter