Thoughts from my April 2017 trip

MinnieMouse84

Mouseketeer
I'm not doing a full trip report, but I want to share some of my experiences from my time at DLR this April.

It was my first time there since I was 4 years old, and I'd been wanting to go back for a long time. We stayed at DLH. It was fun to meet Goofy and Pluto in the lobby.

The first ride I went on was Dumbo. I was too scared to ride Dumbo when I was 4, so I needed to conquer it first. It was lovely.

It's a Small World looked a little different than I remembered, but it was fun to go on it again and remember how much I'd loved it (although the song is maddening, lol).

The Haunted Mansion, on the other hand, looked exactly as I remembered it. Perfect. I did it twice.

I did Pirates as preparation for Splash Mountain because I'm afraid of heights. The drops were more intense than I expected, but that might have been because I was in the last row. I'm not a fan of the movies, but I loved the ride.

Splash Mountain was something I knew I had to do even though it scared me. I'm glad I did because it was AMAZING. Definitely my favorite ride. I went on it three times, which wasn't nearly enough. ;)

Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland were my favorite dark rides.

Golden Zephyr was beautiful and relaxing.

Soarin' was spectacular. I know people like the old one better, but since I had nothing to compare it to, I loved every second of it.

RSR was another one that scared me, but I had to see if it lived up to the hype. It actually exceeded my expectations.

Those weren't the only rides I did, but they were the most memorable. Another memorable moment was when met Minnie! I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to meet her when I was 4, and it was well worth the wait. She gave me a big hug and I almost teared up. Disney magic at its best.

Another thing that made the whole experience great was the atmosphere. Every CM I interacted with was helpful and friendly. I love that there's always music playing in the parks. They don't call it the Happiest Place on Earth for nothing. There really is something magical about that place. I loved it so much that I'm going back in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts