• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts for the victims of Katrina

missj171

<font color=purple>I'm not a pint swigging electri
I'm sure lots of you have been reading the threads around the Dis on the awful situation in America. The reports we're seeing are absolutely devastating, and I just wanted to start a thread for us on this board to give our thoughts to the victims.

I hope everyone here has all their loved ones accounted for over there.

I know our little words of sympathy can't feed the starving, but if anyone wants to give some thoughts it might be nice.

There's a banner at the top of the page to give, and if you haven't- visit the Community Board http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33 for loads of threads from people who are either caught up in it, or have families who are, or who just wan't to talk through the tragedy. The thread at the top has loads of links to donate or help in other ways.

I hope it's OK to have started this thread, I'm just so shocked by the scenes of violence, death and devastation on my TV it seemed weird to pretend it wasn't happening.

Since we don't have a Community section under the DLP board I'm sure the moderators will allow this :)

Nice sentiment and well done for starting this.
It is difficult to comprehend the scale of the tragedy, even with all the television coverage.

Sending lots of Pixie dust and contribution to New Orleans :grouphug:

We have all got to hope that climate change becomes something that all governemnts and individuals will start to do their bit to help stop the destruction of our world :sunny:

Reid

Well said missj171 and I'm sure, in the circumstances, the moderators won't mind.

I can't imagine what these poor people are going through - my heart goes out to them all. :grouphug:

Cyrano said:
We have all got to hope that climate change becomes something that all governemnts and individuals will start to do their bit to help stop the destruction of our world :sunny:

Reid

This is the really sad thing, that the people who make decisions dont suffer. The people who suffer are the people with least resources. Wishing the best to everone who is affected by this terrible disaster. :grouphug: :grouphug:

My thoughts go out to the people affected and also to those affected by the disaster in Iraq.

I just echo what others have said......our thoughts are with you all.:grouphug:

Thanks for the chance to say how sorry we are to witness the tragedy unfolding out there. It's become almost too painful to watch the news and witness the suffering of so many innocent souls.

Our thoughts are with you all.

I would like to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone outside the US that have offered help and compassion to the horrors going on in New Orleans. Most Americans are watching the developments with heavy hearts and outrage at what is happening. Contributions are comming in from all over but this devistation will take a long time to overcome. I don't believe anyone can imagine what these brave people are going through! Thank you all again for your concern.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter