Thoughts about day one of our trip...

katriscari

Mouseketeer
Suggestions please... May 7,arrive to MCO at 1215p, receive grocery delivery at about 3pm, then 750p Chef Mickey res @Contemporary

Do we do a few hours of a park this day? That is a late dinner for us, but our first full day is Epcot and our first fp is 1045a. We can sleep a later if need be. May 9 is MK, May 10 is AK, May 11 is MK again, May 12 is HS, May 13 depart MCO at 240pm so nothing planned :)

We are first timers, so I didn't want to really push it the first day, but I have that "free park day" from when that promo was going on, so I figured I would ask for suggestions...thanks all!!

We get in around noon from Philly and have a CM ressie @ 5..we're gonna swim with the grandkids, let them nap, roam the grounds at POFQ and then head to the Contemporary for dinner with Mickey n the gang..MK after...:cool1:

I am having the same issue trying to decide for y October trip. We land at mco at 11. And I made a temporary dining reservation at trex at 2:30. Do we try a park? My girls will be 2 & 5. Hmmm.

I am having the same issue trying to decide for y October trip. We land at mco at 11. And I made a temporary dining reservation at trex at 2:30. Do we try a park? My girls will be 2 & 5. Hmmm.

I think I am going to take day 1 slow...feel our way around, ride the monorail like someone in a Facebook group I am in suggested, and enjoy Chef Mickey as our first real Disney experience. The rest of the week is jammed full of stuff, so I don't think I want my 5 yo son or my husband (LOL) overwhelmed right off the bat!

I think I would rest when I get to the resort until the grocery delivery. Head toward the Contemporary after your grocery delivery. Ride the monorail and if there is time get off at MK. You are first time visitors and you have an extra park day. Walk in to MK and see the castle for the first time. There might be some characters in the hub when you enter MK and you could get your first pictures of the trip. I would not rush to get anything done but I would relax and soak up the atmosphere of the park on your first day.

Have a magical trip.

Personally, I would relax at the resort that day and not attempt park time. :)

We fly out May 8th late at night and arrive at MCO on May 9th in the afternoon. We are planning on relaxing, grabbing something to eat, and maybe swimming in the pool for the rest of the afternoon and heading to the parks the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter