those of you at WDW right now - how's the weather?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
we'll be joining you in 10 days (OMG)....
just wondering how the weather is...
i know it rains in orlando!!
been going during the summer since 1974, so rain is no surprise....to say the least!!!

i was just wondering if it's the typical rain every day at 4 in the afternoon weather..
or if it's more the rain all day kind of weather....

just curious...i know it can change between now and when we get there -
of course, i'm praying for a return of the drought.... :) :)

Been here since the 28th June. Weather was not quite so hot, sunny and dry for the first few days. Very pleasant. Then became very hot but still dry. Since Monday it's been lovely in the morning with the storms rolling in in the afternoon. To start off with it was about 4/5ish however both Friday and yesterday the storm hit about 1/2ish. Really torrential for a couple of hours then just wet. Dried up but no reappearance of the sun. OK this morning but a bit overcast and not the usual sunshine.

Mrs TT

We have just got home from 2 weeks in Orlando.

Until our last two days it wasn't raining until later and then continuing in to the evening. Friday and Saturday the rain arrived early and Friday it didn't clear until about 5pm. Yesterday was better and cleared in about an hour mostly.

after i posted this i noticed i could check the hourly forecast on the accuweather website..
so now i see exactly when the rain is hitting...
the forecast for the next 10 days is mostly in the afternoon with a few earlier..
pretty much what we were expecting..

though whatever the weather is, we'll enjoy being there!!!!
last time we were all there together was in 2011 and the next time will only be in 2023...
so regardless of weather, it's going to be magical for all of us to be there together!!! :)

Was going to post the same but got in too late, storms noticably earlier in the day at the moment. One thing I will say is the parks seem quieter than a normal July, just in my opinion that is. Standby queues are still stupid times but there's room to move unlike some years!

Was going to post the same but got in too late, storms noticably earlier in the day at the moment. One thing I will say is the parks seem quieter than a normal July, just in my opinion that is. Standby queues are still stupid times but there's room to move unlike some years!

that's good to hear!!
we're curious how the two toddlers are going to react..
the older one who's 3 years old is painfully shy and absolutely terrified of crowds....so clearly disney is going to be challenging...
that's why we're planning on just going with the flow...whatever he's able to handle is what we'll do...

so if the crowds are slightly less oppressive that will definitely be a good thing!!!

Any updates available? this time tomorrow we'll be airborne and I'm expecting a greater chance of rain in Florida when I arrive than in Manchester when I take off - a virtually unheard of set of circumstances!

We'll be arriving in one week so I'm off to check accuweather although I'm planning on spending most of my time in restaurants eating! x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter