Delete Thread

3. I think I've decided on our Halloween costumes. I have that dress I wore last year that was better suited to be a costume so I think we're going to be Ariel and Prince Eric. Josh basically has everything he needs for that, and this way we won't be too hot. (A lot of ideas I had were too much clothing for the heat). See the dress in a picture below from last year:

AMWFmvtl.jpg

I probably won't do the ears this time because I have starfish hair clips, but that's the dress.

That's so funny as I think we're going as Ariel and Prince Eric too. Although my version of Ariel will be her land version. I'm not sure yet though as we have 2 halloween parties to go to, one on the cruise and one at MNSSHP, so I may switch it up a bit. Maybe we'll be Belle and Gaston again. Goodness knows Steve would love that.

4. There's a local theater hosting a Twin Peaks night a couple times in August :rotfl: You can watch the first season on a movie screen and eat coffee and cherry pie. I love this idea, but Josh doesn't see why we'd go to a movie theater to see it so he might take some convincing.

screen-shot-2017-07-16-at-12-06-31-am-png.253378

Haha I watched Twin Peaks when I was in JH/High School so I was always a big fan. Steve doesn't understand it it all so he's all confused when watching Twin Peaks The Return. I must admit though I haven't really refreshed my memory with the old episodes so sometimes I'm a little confused too.

And finally I'm still working on our ADRs, (I would've added them in this week, but this is getting long) but I wanted to know which would you prefer to eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe or Cape May Cafe?

Hmm, hard to choose! But considering I've never done Whispering Canyon I can't really input on that, but Cape May was pretty fun and it wasn't that crowded.

Same as your girls I won't do those rides either :rotfl: There's still TSMM, some meet and greets, shopping, shows, and dining..
That is true. I am excited to meet BB8 and I know the girls will be too.

Yeah I already checked in. I hope you get that too! I was hoping for that but we got that construction view (and noise) room
I know, you had bad luck :( I "think" they should be all done with the construction by the time we get there. Maybe they were rushing to finish on time when you were there.

I feel like you don't get upgraded if you check in ahead of time. Wonder if there is any truth to it...

An Etsy shop called TheGypsyGeek.
Thanks for the recommendation / not recommendation. I guess you weren't the only one who had an issue with her.

#FallonandRaeventakeonAnaheim2019

I told Luke I'm going to D23 with you in 2019 - his response was "Well, it's really easy for you to get to California" (and it is, there's direct flights from here everyday, and it's only a 3 hour flight).

That's an ambitious Food and Wine list! So many things sound so good - I'll just live vicariously through you since it'll be a few years before we make it to WDW during F&W time :)

I love your little mermaid dress!

Love all the new D23 announcements...some more than others! Loving your food list. I'm going to make it to F&W and/or F&G one year!

I have done Cape May and really enjoyed it. I think we will do WCC breakfast this next trip since it's mostly resort only. We will do Cape May again in 2020 if we can stay at BWV or BCV.

@StarWarsMomofGirls! have you read the WL thread? They suggest calling or faxing in your request of high floor and theme park view.

I used to watch the original Twin Peaks and I recorded the new ones but haven't watched yet.
I JUST moments ago said to Steve that I want to watch the new Twin Peaks series, but I never watched the original series. So I guess I should watch that first?

I LOVED this book as a child, and have been waiting for a good Wrinkle In Time movie for years,
I'm so glad to hear that they still have you young'uns reading that in school! I read it in school also :) and I love it. Ricky hasn't read it though so maybe it's gone........I don't know how the movie will be but I'll probably see it anyway.

Still terrified. I'm so scared of heights I don't think I'll be able to get in one of these.
Yup, this is me. Everytime I look at a picture of them I say.................nope :snooty:

Mickey and Minnie Ride replacing GMR, GMR closing in August
'm not too happy about this. The closing date is before our next trip, and I thought we'd get a chance to ride it one last time then. I love GMR, and though I knew it was going I'm sad to see it go. I feel like it really embodies HS
I'm not happy either even though I knew it was coming. Really didn't think it would be this soon :( Luckily we get to ride it next month but I do think waits will be a bit crazy. It would've been nice if they could've kept GMR and ADDED the Mickey/Minnie roller coaster, right?? And I also agree it's close to the only thing left in HS that says "old Hollywood", which is what made me fall in love with that park way back when :sad1:

3. I think I've decided on our Halloween costumes. I have that dress I wore last year that was better suited to be a costume so I think we're going to be Ariel and Prince Eric.
Love the idea!

I JUST moments ago said to Steve that I want to watch the new Twin Peaks series, but I never watched the original series. So I guess I should watch that first?
I'm guessing it would probably help with it making sense?

The original is weird, but good. I haven't yet watched the new ones but again, I am assuming they are the same!

@DexLabDeeDee sent me a birthday present! I forgot all about getting a rose cup while we were there so I was really excited to open this.
I missed this last time, but I got that book for Christmas :thumbsup2

From the trailer and casting alone, I'm afraid they're going to mess up the story. It looks like they're trying to turn it into a modern action movie. Everyone is too young and good looking. I LOVED this book as a child, and have been waiting for a good Wrinkle In Time movie for years, and I'm very afraid it's going the way of The Giver, one of my other favorites from when I was younger and (that movie they turned into basically an action thriller). It also concerns me that most the cast said they had never read the book before!
This book has been on my list to read forever, and I kinda forgot. Maybe I'll get it finally. But movies always worry me. I loved The Giver too and I didn't even know there was a movie, that probably reflects how against book-based movies I tend to be... I think the first movie I watched based off a book was Where the Red Fern Grows. And I LOVE that book. And that is one of the worst movies I have ever watched, hands down.

fb84e9c425f07865382ba3ac2cd9b409.jpg

Mickey and Minnie Ride replacing GMR, GMR closing in August

VoTAsNq.gif

I'm not too happy about this. The closing date is before our next trip, and I thought we'd get a chance to ride it one last time then. I love GMR, and though I knew it was going I'm sad to see it go. I feel like it really embodies HS. I do think the new ride will be impressive, it's just not what I expected.
UGHHH. I could handle all of the other news that came out this weekend, regardless of how I felt, except this. I'd heard the rumors but I didn't think it'd shut down so soon, so I thought I'd get to see it once.

I may or may not be looking at weekend flight prices as I sit at work stupid early today...

giphy.gif

Minnie Vans

l3g5q3w.gif

They look cute. I like the idea, and it makes sense for big families. Maybe these can go where Ubers can't too, who knows? We may get to test one out at the Boardwalk since they'll be rolled out there first. I don't like the idea of a $20 flat rate though when Ubers and taxis can be much cheaper than that, and I sincerely hope this isn't the first step towards banning things like Ubers and taxis from Disney property.

I keep telling Zack this... but why when we could uber for 1/3 the price?

FOOD AND WINE MENUS WERE RELEASED!
Ahhhhh I printed them off and was looking at them over the weekend with family. I am being ambitious, and want to hit every booth if we can manage. But we have more time, and we probably won't always be taking 3 week trips, so now's the time right?

tumblr_mdvtm7arop1ql6amjo1_500.gif

I'm also going to have a dismeet right here in my home state! @ariane37's coming to a mall in between both of us so we can go shopping and have lunch! I'm so excited to shop for Disney and to finally meet her since as many trips as we've both taken this year we always seem to miss each other by a few weeks.

I meant to put this in my little PTR update last night but forgot because I'm old lol! I'm very excited to shop and more importantly, finally meet :hug:

So now we're back where we started. :rotfl: I don't know why I even bother to make changes honestly, things usually seem to end up right back where they started in the first place. We also saved ONE WHOLE DOLLAR each night.

Wow! Things do seem to really come full circle with your trips!! But I'm so excited for you staying at YC :)

Poor Josh, I keep asking his opinion; and he doesn't even know what I'm talking about half the time :rotfl:

Nathan is like this!! I keep asking him his opinions on planning things and he's mostly clueless about what I'm trying to do or what it matters. He usually just leaves it to me to plan and knows he's likely to have a good time.

Speaking of food, I love the Food & Wine merch I've seen so much and I need these two things:

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-8-20-46-pm-png.255228

So cute!! I hope they look just as cute on.

And finally next weekend is when I hope to have my ADRs straightened out. I'm also going to have a dismeet right here in my home state! @ariane37's coming to a mall in between both of us so we can go shopping and have lunch! I'm so excited to shop for Disney and to finally meet her since as many trips as we've both taken this year we always seem to miss each other by a few weeks. :hyper:

YAY for Dismeets!! How awesome that you live so close and can meet and go shopping! I'm sure you'll have a great time since @ariane37 is fab! :lovestruc

Somehow I lost track of this PTR and was so far behind it put me back on the first page. This is my fault for not checking the PTR board, but mainly it's the DIS's fault for not giving me my alerts!!

I've decided to just start over from here, ok?? I'm sorry :sad::sad:

We also saved ONE WHOLE DOLLAR each night.

saving is saving, right?? You could buy a drink or something with the money saved, so it's worth it!!

I'm also going to have a dismeet right here in my home state! @ariane37's coming to a mall in between both of us so we can go shopping and have lunch! I'm so excited to shop for Disney and to finally meet her since as many trips as we've both taken this year we always seem to miss each other by a few weeks. :hyper:

Ahh!! I'm jealous and excited all at the same time!!

I am so not surprised by any of your changes nor the fact that you are right back where you started...haha. But hey, whatever works for you! I am the type that doesn't like change, so I stick to the plan until the very end, unless I am forced to change it for some reason! Sometimes this is a good thing, but many times it can be a hindrance!

I love those Figment ears! And I am extremely envious of your Dismeet!

So now we're back where we started. :rotfl: I don't know why I even bother to make changes honestly, things usually seem to end up right back where they started in the first place. We also saved ONE WHOLE DOLLAR each night.

Haha I did that in August with my ADRs, I swapped stuff around and changed park days, and then ended up right back where I started :laughing:
But we can't stop tinkering, can we?

ADRs would come along a lot better if they didn't keep announcing new things every day :laughing: I had them all figured out, but then I started considering an Eat to the Beat package, wondering if I should drop the dessert party (I think I'll wait on the reviews), and then they announced 30% off for AP holders at certain signatures through Sep. We were only going to do YS (which isn't one of them), but with that discount we could add Citricos or Flying Fish. No idea which one or where to put either yet though, and I haven't been giving it too much thought this weekend so it's still a work in progress.

I know! Such a good deal. But we're only in WDW for 2 days. But maybe, maybe we can try and squeeze one in. The only one I think that would work for us is Flying Fish or Captain's Grille (which is in the old Ariel's space in the Beach Club)

Poor Josh, I keep asking his opinion; and he doesn't even know what I'm talking about half the time :rotfl:

Ha, same with Steve!

Speaking of food, I love the Food & Wine merch I've seen so much and I need these two things:

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-8-20-46-pm-png.255228

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-8-20-53-pm-png.255229

Although we'll have to see if those ears look ridiculous or not on my head.

So cute! The ears would look ridiculous on me, but I like the shirt!

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-8-21-31-pm-png.255234

These were both really good, they're from a new local bakery, but the bakery is called Sprinkles (no relation to that Sprinkles) and it seems like they should change their name to avoid confusion/a lawsuit.

Looks yum but most likely they will have to change it's name!

And finally next weekend is when I hope to have my ADRs straightened out. I'm also going to have a dismeet right here in my home state! @ariane37's coming to a mall in between both of us so we can go shopping and have lunch! I'm so excited to shop for Disney and to finally meet her since as many trips as we've both taken this year we always seem to miss each other by a few weeks. :hyper:

That's awesome!! Can't wait to see pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter